Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:43 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Whatever works for you.. I just will never understand people who think all men should think and act exactly the same way and have the same wants and needs and women the same.. People are different even amongst the same gender as hard as that is for you to believe

The degrading and name calling of men who don't act how you want doesn't come of well either.. It makes somebody seem like a child who's stomping their feet and asking all men to act the way she wants to make her life easier..
Yup. When we frame behaviors as "natural" (particularly socially-conditioned behaviors), the implication is that anyone who doesn't conform is somehow abnormal or defective. Be it a spouse, children, parents, friends... a person will never be happy if they expect others to mold and conform to their ideals, rather than accepting them the way they are.

(Quite frankly, the idea of wanting to be chased is something I just don't understand. Maybe it feeds the ego, but I'd be too worried that, when the chase is over, it would be nothing but a letdown if I don't meet his expectations)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 09:50 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Yup. When we frame behaviors as "natural" (particularly socially-conditioned behaviors), the implication is that anyone who doesn't conform is somehow abnormal or defective. Be it a spouse, children, parents, friends... a person will never be happy if they expect others to mold and conform to their ideals, rather than accepting them the way they are.

(Quite frankly, the idea of wanting to be chased is something I just don't understand. Maybe it feeds the ego, but I'd be too worried that, when the chase is over, it would be nothing but a letdown if I don't meet his expectations)
Precisely, this.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:00 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
[quote=Hotbloodedwoman;44054751]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A married man shouldn't have to "chase" his wife.

I feel bad for that guy.[/QUOTE

Married men should always pursue their wives to some degree. Just like wives should always adore and respect their husbands.

That's alot of the reason why women become emotionally unsatisfied.

God, I hope you stay single and learn this before you marry.
There's a reason your marriage is suffering and it's not because of your husband. I feel bad he married a woman like you.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:02 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Yep

There is a sense of self-absorption in people who expect others to conform to their ideals and become hostile and demonstrative to those who do not. That's why I've always had a live and let live attitude. If what another person is doing has no negative effect on me then I could care less what they do.

As far as chasing though it really depends on what a person defines as chasing. If it means who initiates contact first then it is usually the man. If it means a man literally pursuing a woman even after she's shown no interest well that comes off as creepy and pushy. And if a woman wants to be pursued like that then it really is about ego stroking and attention whoring.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:37 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
You see resentment and exhaustion caused by shouldering an unequal share of the burden of family life. You see a woman that is bubbling over and trying to find a way to get it right.

This may make me look unreasonable, but when your married to a passive man, this type of thing tends to fester. Aa a result, Mr Passive has everybody feeling sorry for him being married to someone who is "difficult"

Unless you have personal experience with this type of relationship, you opinion is unwarranted.

You married a passive man. Then you found out you are not fond of living life with a passive man.

A LOT of that is on you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-14-2016, 10:45 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Well dear, if you were annoyed by the topic, why didn't you keep scrolling? Oh...wait, your two cents. Ok.

I think women are built to respond, not pursue. Mature women don't play games, but that doesn't mean they don't like to be pursued.
Figure I put my thoughts in.

Not that I actually like being pursued although I don't mind, but...

I say it this way; If women want me to pursue them, then they should stop pursuing me. Otherwise, I'll just welcome you in my arms.

But I myself am pursuing something.

Goals

And LOL at women being built to respond. Not that I disagree. I just think that it's a fun way of putting it.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:52 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
I married a passive man. He did not do much chasing at all. He said he preffered to be chased. In my opinion, I think men are bred/born to chase whether they are laid back or more assertive, right?
I can chase and go for it full throttle but only if it's needed

If you are experienced with women and are confident in your ability then quite simply you don't have to....as you have ways to draw women towards them, whether it being a quick one liner to make them laugh, charm, or even a smile and a stare can do it.

Part of the trick is to actually make yourself approachable.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:10 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I mean..... define *chase*?

It's one thing to throw around words like chase and passive, etc. but those terms are subjective. If you do not give examples of what you mean everyone is thinking something different.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-14-2016, 12:35 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Nice timid thread here even though OP threw a type of man under the bus.

This is and the other one that centered around a poster will be a few I remember. Glad I don't spend a whole lot of time here anymore.
Yeah, I haven't been coming around much either because of work and relationships.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:42 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
OP, when I was single, my husband did the chasing. But even then, he is still calm and no worry kind of guy. Two different things. I take care of everything else. He takes care of the house. But he has always earned more money then I earn. But without me, the household will fall apart. Everybody knows this in family. No argument. Great marriage. There is nothing wrong with using everybody's strength in a marriage. I don't buy into the idea that women should do this and that. That's kind of boring, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships