Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 12:41 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Funyman is spot on in this thread

OP glad your listening to him and i would like to wish you all the best on this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 12:45 PM

8 posts, read 3,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Funyman is spot on in this thread

OP glad your listening to him and i would like to wish you all the best on this
Thank you I have to let go of guilt too sometimes I really hate myself for putting me and my daughter in this situation. The guilt is killing me.
I grew up with a loving father in 2 parent home I want my daugher have that because I behaved like a raging teenager in my mid twenties.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
It's time to step away from the "luuuuuvvvv him" drama and focus on setting a good example for your daughter--what a reliable, mature, independent woman looks like.

You also are not doing her any favors by not seeking child support. Begin the court process this week.

If he has a relationship with her is up to him--consider it his loss. You cannot control him or how your daughter will feel later in life. Do you best to never, ever let your daughter feel like it's her fault. Just explain that her father has some weaknesses that have nothing to do with her. Don't get into what they are.
thanks I will but he works for his dad's business and doesnt have a real income per say. But he is looking for a job and wants to get married soon.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:53 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liann28 View Post
Thank you I have to let go of guilt too sometimes I really hate myself for putting me and my daughter in this situation. The guilt is killing me.
I grew up with a loving father in 2 parent home I want my daugher have that because I behaved like a raging teenager in my mid twenties.
Don't at all feel like that your there and he isn't

I'm the same and grew up with a 2 parent family and it's great but at the moment it is what it is my love and having even one great parent to look up to is priceless

Old 06-01-2016, 12:55 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
he doesn't take care of his daughter. he is a loser you shouldn't feel bad for telling him.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:58 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Quote:
I am older than him and when we had a child we were in totally different places. He was 20 ... I was 26. We decided to keep it and that I would do the most until he graduates and eventually get married. I took care of my child moved away because I was offered an amazing job opportunity in New York.
I focused on my daughter and my career thinking doing well with both would make him proud and show him everything will be fine. We had a really passionate relationship like best friends with amazing sex even after having a child ,if you hate PDA then don't be around us. We were literally like magnets and couldnt keep our hands off each other.
He has lied to me so many times and neglected our daughter he still doesnt pay a dime for her and rarely calls her. We often argue because of his neglect that's when I would call him a loser and other not so nice names. I regret that now because every word cut him deeply. I didnt realize how much I though he would dismiss them understanding it came from pain more than anything else. I was upset but deep down I loved him more than anything in this world. But my harsh words were hurting him too.
He started dating a 17 year old when I just had our daughter I found about it only after our daughter turned 2.
That's the one thing I have asked him to do please call her she is 3 and half now you cant always visit but please facetime her at least once a week. I was giving him space and room to grow and I thought he was still confused and lost ... i found out he was just really in love and infatuated with someone else.
I had met someone too and told him about it he freaked and told me how much he loved me and I broke up with the guy. But now he officially broke up with me to be with the younger girl he was two timing with. I had to contact her last time asking her to ask him to call our daughter after two months. Because he had changed his number and couldnt reach him. Mistake on my part because she started playing games with me on social media
Embarrassing situation to say the least. At some point he I guess he told her he was thinking of getting back with me because she sent me a message saying that she hoped I was happy now.
I am deeply hurt and I feel like I have given him my best years I met him I was 24 I am about to turn 30. But perhaps he feels our baby have robbed him of his youth?
I want to leave the hurt in the past. But after a huge argument he has stopped calling our daughter again. I wish for him to understand that he has one job just call her, I got the rest.
But call, our daughter she asks for him constantly I don't know to make him seperate the 2. My daughter and I ? He said he wanted us to be friends, he wanted the 3 us to go on vacation together, we used to talk everynight begore going to bed like best friends but it had to stop for my emotional well being. I couldnt move on that way. I want him to stop coming in and out of our child's life as he please and I am losing patience.
It's one thing for this DB to be mad out you but to punish and neglect his own daughter makes him pretty much a total creep. She needs another, better male role model in her life.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
he doesn't take care of his daughter. he is a loser you shouldn't feel bad for telling him.
He says me calling him a loser often is he reason he decided to stay with his other girlfriend.
He says she is nicer , never complains , never calls him names like I do and she loves out daughter. That was his answer to why do you stop calling our daughter for months at a time? Includind on her second and third birthday

Old 06-01-2016, 01:01 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
He says me calling him a loser often is he reason he decided to stay with his other girlfriend.
He says she is nicer , never complains , never calls him names like I do and she loves out daughter. That was his answer to why do you stop calling our daughter for months at a time? Includind on her second and third birthday
He's using it as an excuse. He's a pathetic loser and a scum bag.
There is no excuse for not being there for his daughter.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
He's using it as an excuse. He's a pathetic loser and a scum bag.
There is no excuse for not being there for his daughter.
For so long I have put him on a pedestal thinking this a good guy who was not ready to be a dad. I kept on thinking about all the amazing times we had together. And held on to that ideal.
Wasting time , waiting for him to grow and shutting down my heart to anyone interested in dating me because I was soooooo in love with the father of my child and wanting us to be a family.
I will continue to work hard for my daughter. Thank God for my career and professional opportunities

Old 06-01-2016, 01:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Yeah well having no Dad around would be better than a disappointing guy.

You know, one that says he's coming and doesn't.

Two loving adoptive parents would have been much better. Now a couple of messed up parents are responsible for another girl who is going to grow up and repeat the cycle of picking unavailable guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships