Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:27 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That right there ^^^^^ bugs the heck out of me. Not that the guy has a good loyal heart, not that he is funny, it's that he does her chores.

This is not the first post like that either.

Yes, I think he is the perfect candidate for your goal of marriage. Maybe someday you will even fall in love with him. Or you will be back here in 2 years writing about your loveless marriage.
I caught that was well, and it read like she's happy to have him because of what he does for her. But I could be wrong, so I didn't say anything. But since you saw it as well, I assume it wasn't just me. But you left out that the guy is hot as well, which has been mentioned. So a hot man is helping with her kids and chores.

Hopefully everything will work out though. All relationships are different. But I don't get too optimistic about anything. Which is not a good way to be, but true for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 11:30 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
That right there ^^^^^ bugs the heck out of me. Not that the guy has a good loyal heart, not that he is funny, it's that he does her chores.

Yes, I think he is the perfect candidate for your goal of marriage. Maybe someday you will even fall in love with him. Or you will be back here in 2 years writing about your loveless marriage.
I want a husband and partner in life to help me in life. If I wanted to live by myself, I would have gave up dating along time ago, because I can get my social needs met by friends.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are so loyal that you constantly post here about wanting a better boyfriend. I can post links if you like.
That was the last bf. Keep up.

This one is just starting to figure things out. Things will be imploding soon and she will start complaining more then.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:33 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yes this is how I have tried to keep things. My one ex( couch sleeper) is related to my daughter. My kids go to school and have same friends as other exes kids. We all live in the same high school zone. My daughters best friend is the niece of the guy that sent the text. So his family is regularly at my house. Not so easy to. It ties amicably when you see each other and run in the same circles. New boyfriend even went out with the recent exes, exwife a few times. Fishing out of the same small pond and we are all connected
It's fine to still be friends. But if he thinks it is cool to send you texts at midnight of a sexual nature, clearly there was a miscommunication about your boundaries. Going forward, be very clear with every ex that you are, indeed, an ex.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:34 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
If I wanted the ex, I would still be with him. I dumped him for good reasons and they have not changed.

It really is no big deal, but I don't want this to be the slippery slope where boyfriend starts controlling me and telling me who I can talk to and where I can go. I can't be controlled.
Perhaps you might be better off without a b/f because I don't know of any man who would be fine with having his g/f's ex sending her sex themed text messages at midnight when he is drunk.

If you think that is controlling, you might be better off single. JMO.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:

That's her love language. When he takes care of things around her house, she feels loved and cared for. There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel that way.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
I want a husband and partner in life to help me in life. If I wanted to live by myself, I would have gave up dating along time ago, because I can get my social needs met by friends.
Do him a favor and tell him that you want to keep him around because he's taken over all the chores that your other "friends" have done for you in the past.

Let him make an informed decision about how he wants to proceed.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:40 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
That's her love language. When he takes care of things around her house, she feels loved and cared for. There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel that way.
Ok, that's a good point. I can see that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2016, 11:41 AM

264 posts, read 183,231 times
Quote:
Yes this is how I have tried to keep things. My one ex( couch sleeper) is related to my daughter. My kids go to school and have same friends as other exes kids. We all live in the same high school zone. My daughters best friend is the niece of the guy that sent the text. So his family is regularly at my house. Not so easy to. It ties amicably when you see each other and run in the same circles. New boyfriend even went out with the recent exes, exwife a few times. Fishing out of the same small pond and we are all connected

You don't live in a town called Possum Holler by any chance do you?

I also live in a small town and see a couple exes around regularly. When I do I say hi and sometimes we chat for a minute about what we've been doing the last few months since it's usually at least a couple months in between seeing each other. Then we go our separate ways. In two cases I'm friends with the guys that are married to exes. In none of the cases do the exes and I text each other at all. I don't even know their phone numbers anymore.

The last girl I dated couldn't set boundaries either. She often had exes texting her inappropriately and occasionally she'd have an ex show up at her house drunk. At first I thought she'd put an end to it as the relationship started to develop. Then I realized that this was a statement not just about her inability to set boundaries, but about her character in the type of people she chose to associate with. Once I realized that it took me about 3 days to put an end to it.

She doesn't act appropriately now as an ex either. She texts me things of a sexual nature at odd hours. The first few times I told her not to do that. Then I just started ignoring all her attempts at communication. The good news is that after 4 weeks of ignoring her completely she has stopped texting me. It's been a week now and with a bit of luck that run will continue. So, by the time I start dating someone else I won't be bringing along an ex that sends inappropriate messages in the middle of the night. It really is that easy.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:44 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
So you deny having a boyfriend while looking for another?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships