Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:07 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Obviously that was rejection...but what is with the politeness?

I use to wonder why women are so harsh when they reject men...that was until this one day I was at a bar after work and a woman approached me and started making small talk, asking me if I live around the area, what I do, and asked if she could sit next to me and talk...

I took a swig of my Pilsner and asked "do I know you?" (women do it all the time)
She looked confused for a minute but kept smiling. She said "well, no, but I may want to know you"
I snorted and said "look, I don't go to bars to talk to some random female I don't even know. So get the hell out of my face, you ugly freckled face fat girl." And no, she wasn't fat, but women just HATE to hear that. But she did have freckles, but wasn't horrible looking.

Well, the woman in question turned and left to talk to three of her friends at a bar table, and after a brief exchange she ran into the ladies room and I'm pretty sure she was crying

It was awesome! Now I understand why women are so harsh with the rejections: it's a load of fun.

Anyway, be happy you didn't try to hand your number to a male who figured out how awesome rejecting someone can be and move on.
Nah, , , it's actually not fun. As a woman, if you don't shut a man down early, he will push and persist with complete disregard to your boundaries & comfort level. ( I suppose the same could be said about aggressive women. . ) If you show any amount of 'nice' to guys like that, it's f'ing hell getting rid of them. Believe me, I take no pleasure in that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 03:19 PM

212 posts, read 195,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Nah, , , it's actually not fun. As a woman, if you don't shut a man down early, he will push and persist with complete disregard to your boundaries & comfort level. ( I suppose the same could be said about aggressive women. . ) If you show any amount of 'nice' to guys like that, it's f'ing hell getting rid of them. Believe me, I take no pleasure in that..

I am going through this right now and it's my own darn fault. I didn't actively encourage him, but I let a certain man wear me down and I accepted a "friends only" date. At my age, I should have known better since I have zero interest in pursuing anything romantic. I just fell into the trap of putting off the blunt rejection in favor of throwing him a bone and then a gradual removal of my presence. Now, he will not stop contacting me - every day, all day. I told him yesterday and I quote, "Look. I am happily single. Although you are certainly a good man, I have no interest in seeking a dating situation with you." His response was to tell me that he will back off and he will accept whatever time and attention I can give him. Then... he proceeded to text me no less than 14 times in a row last night.... At this point, I am going to have to go in with a harsh rejection and it's not a comfortable feeling at all.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:59 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Friday View Post
I am going through this right now and it's my own darn fault. I didn't actively encourage him, but I let a certain man wear me down and I accepted a "friends only" date. At my age, I should have known better since I have zero interest in pursuing anything romantic. I just fell into the trap of putting off the blunt rejection in favor of throwing him a bone and then a gradual removal of my presence. Now, he will not stop contacting me - every day, all day. I told him yesterday and I quote, "Look. I am happily single. Although you are certainly a good man, I have no interest in seeking a dating situation with you." His response was to tell me that he will back off and he will accept whatever time and attention I can give him. Then... he proceeded to text me no less than 14 times in a row last night.... At this point, I am going to have to go in with a harsh rejection and it's not a comfortable feeling at all.
I literally just went thru something like that a few months ago. It really sucks. I was polite, tactful, I was straight up direct, and yet still, he left me no choice but to be a total b..., & that didn't even work, lol.. Uhg. I've gone straight to "ignore" mode now. ~ Good luck with yours. ~ Rejection sucks, for everyone. Lord help us all (please, lol )

Old 06-10-2016, 12:29 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Good thread. A couple of points:

OP, I applaud you for taking the initiative & giving the guy your phone #. Sure, it sounds like he's not interested - but, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Women who go after guys (whether or not the guys are into them) have my utmost respect & support.

I am a guy who women still go after (even though I'm in my 40's) & am always flattered by the attention. Sure, I'm not always interested, but if not I will be nice about it. No need to be rude to a woman who has bothered to make the first move, even if you're not into her - especially in this society, where woman are lambasted sometimes for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships