Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 04:32 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times

Advertisements

She is not your girlfriend, and never was. Please don't wait for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 04:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
So who's she gonna marry, if not "boyfriend" (since having a boyfriend is "a sin")?

Old 06-21-2016, 04:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I thanked her for bringing me to her home and keeping me in her life.
That was very classy of you. You two were on totally different paths, and I don't think you fully understood what was really going on.

But you handled this nicely.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:41 PM

302 posts, read 230,611 times
Quote:
I won't wait for her, after all. After she told me in text, "No more man in my life", I told her in text that after 12 years of online dating, I think the relationship that I had with her will be the final relationship. I don't think that I will have any more women in my life.
That's ridiculous. Just work on you and improve your life. I have never even signed on to online dating before, maybe you should try dating in real life.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:33 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I'm sorry for your break-up, but happy you are now free to pursue someone more suitable if you are interested.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Ultimately this woman never seemed interested in you the way you were interested in her. She seemed to have frequent bouts of not wanting to see you.

It seems it may be best to let her go. She doesn't sound invested in you. And you're continuing to string yourself along by waiting for, and/or chasing after, her.
good advice, walk away from her and dont look back. my guess is that she is done with you, until the next tim she decides she needs you, and starts the cycle all over again. time to end it.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:38 PM

61,725 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
She said to me in text, "We're friends, no sex no sleep over". She recently came back to her Ukrainian church that she had attended years ago. She told me that her church says that boyfriend-girlfriend is sin, and that couples in her church are married. I told her via text weeks ago that I thought about marrying her after 5 years, but honestly, I don't know if the relationship would have lasted that long anyway. She also texted me this afternoon that she wants to be with her God, and she doesn't want sin. She also said in a text, "No more man in my life". I told her that I respect her decision and I will always remember and cherish the times we had together. I also told her that I am happy to have met her and her sons. I thanked her for bringing me to her home and keeping me in her life.
You sure it was Ukrainian church? It sounds more that she is a member of some sect, and brainwashed.
Be happy that all is over now. This relationship didn't had any chance to survive.
Move on. There is nothing worth waiting...

Old 06-21-2016, 06:02 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
good advice, walk away from her and dont look back. my guess is that she is done with you, until the next tim she decides she needs you, and starts the cycle all over again. time to end it.
When she wrecks her car again or runs out of Wholefoods gift cards, is my feeling

Old 06-21-2016, 06:24 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
When she wrecks her car again or runs out of Wholefoods gift cards, is my feeling
Haha . But seriously, why whole foods. They were under fire just a few days ago:

FDA slams Whole Foods over 'serious violations,' unsanitary kitchen | syracuse.com

I'd go elsewhere for the time being.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:26 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
Spend time with your male friends, take a break from dating and focus on yourself for awhile.
Give her all the space she is asking for plus more!
Wait for someone who really clicks with you. Wait for love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships