Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 05:12 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I recently reached out to an old GF from literally 25 yrs ago. I messaged her on FB and we exchanvged a few pleasantries. In the conversation she said that she was sorry how things ended and that she was worried that she hurt me. I assured her that it was all good, we were simply just kids I mean literally just kids. We had a few pleasant exchanges and she hoped that if I was ever in her town for me to look her up and I agreed.

It was the stuff of grown up mature adults, you know what I mean, it was just a nice exchange, it was a nice way to remember a fond time, a time in both of our pasts, back when we were just both children, practically.

I'm glad I reached out to her, it was nice, I told her that I no regrets about our time together and that we had a good time. It was just a different time then and we're both in hugely different places in our lives. She wished me the best and I her.....

I really feel good about that exchange.. made me feel like a grown up adult, to be able to just have a nice friendly conversation with someone from my past, and to know that she feels the same way about me.

That's how things should be... we shouldn't be hating on our past loves... we shouldn't be full of regret.. we should be happy that that person meant sometime to us, something in our past and something that adds value to our lives...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 05:15 PM

458 posts, read 329,417 times
What made you want to reach out Mr. Chow?

Old 06-26-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
What made you want to reach out Mr. Chow?

The "blinking" Facebook cursor got me to thinking. I got me to thinking about my past, it got me to thinking about where I'm going.

The proverbial blinking cursor.........

Old 06-26-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The "blinking" Facebook cursor got me to thinking. I got me to thinking about my past, it got me to thinking about where I'm going.

The proverbial blinking cursor.........
Ahhhh...the human heart is never satisfied. Be careful with this one. In my experience, old flames burn vehemently and never fully die.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:27 PM

LOL... naw... this one is fully put out... I wouldn't pursue this one if I was single....sometimes the past needs to live in the past.....

Old 06-26-2016, 05:29 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
I recently reached out to an old GF from literally 25 yrs ago. I messaged her on FB and we exchanvged a few pleasantries. In the conversation she said that she was sorry how things ended and that she was worried that she hurt me. I assured her that it was all good, we were simply just kids I mean literally just kids. We had a few pleasant exchanges and she hoped that if I was ever in her town for me to look her up and I agreed.

It was the stuff of grown up mature adults, you know what I mean, it was just a nice exchange, it was a nice way to remember a fond time, a time in both of our pasts, back when we were just both children, practically.

I'm glad I reached out to her, it was nice, I told her that I no regrets about our time together and that we had a good time. It was just a different time then and we're both in hugely different places in our lives. She wished me the best and I her.....

I really feel good about that exchange.. made me feel like a grown up adult, to be able to just have a nice friendly conversation with someone from my past, and to know that she feels the same way about me.

That's how things should be... we shouldn't be hating on our past loves... we shouldn't be full of regret.. we should be happy that that person meant sometime to us, something in our past and something that adds value to our lives...............
That been the gist of my previous exchanges mate also

And couldn't agree more that's exactly how it should be.....

Now I'm just looking forward to the " are you looking for an affair " or why didn't she block you " comments.... You know in real CD fashion mate lmao

Ps congrats and thank you for being an adult..... Hopefully it will catch on

Old 06-26-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
LOL... naw... this one is fully put out... I wouldn't pursue this one if I was single....sometimes the past needs to live in the past.....
Oh...ok then. So you're good

Old 06-26-2016, 05:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
sure, I don't dislike some of my exes. But the women that cheated on me can go F themselves. That's how I will always feel and I don't see it ever changing even on my death bed.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
Oh...ok then. So you're good

That was was so powerful about our interchange, was the lack of any agenda on either side. she was content and I'm content.

We were able to have a real and raw and completely honest exchange. I loved it... it was real. Real is missing in most dialog.

I've never been one for fake phony elevator/weather talk.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
That was was so powerful about our interchange, was the lack of any agenda on either side. she was content and I'm content.

We were able to have a real and raw and completely honest exchange. I loved it... it was real. Real is missing in most dialog.

I've never been one for fake phony elevator/weather talk.
Intimacy & vulnerability is always a sated feeling. It doesn't matter the capacity. I'm glad you had the opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships