Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 01:55 PM

59 posts, read 170,281 times

Advertisements

I was taught by my mom (main caretaker) and beta dad (just kinda there providing) to always be good, do what you're told, work hard, and be nice. Also sent to a Catholic elementary school. I've been a 'nice guy' all my life. I cringed at my bosses' wedding when I was chatting with a co-worker and she said to one girl I was interested in, "miamismo is such a nice guy." I knew right then and there that was my issue, I just didn't want to face it.

Another time, I started to like this other chick and guess what being a nice guy did ? Got me in the freaking friend zone. " He is a nice guy but I can never imagine myself falling for him" Those were her exact words which she told to our mutual friend. For all you nice guys reading this, don't do it. I just bought my ticket for the douchebag train. Happy to be aboard.

It's simple really. A woman wants to lose herself and feel secure in your masculinity-woman are emotional and neurotic enough as is, they don't want a "nice guy" who just conforms to her needs like every other guy does. She needs a man.

This is also why guys get friendzoned.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:58 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,194,889 times
Cool thread, bro.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:59 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,019,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post
It's simple really. A woman wants to lose herself and feel secure in your masculinity-woman are emotional and neurotic enough as is, they don't want a "nice guy" who just conforms to her needs like every other guy does. She needs a man.
Ah yes, women need a man to keep them grounded, right?

I have a new personal challenge now. Seeing if I can tell my partner that I want to "lose myself in his masculinity" without giggling. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,314,142 times
There are plenty of men on here who are nice and have wives and girlfriends. You might be doing some things wrong OP.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:00 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,730,041 times
Women flock to jerks, just look at how many deadbeats and single moms are out there.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:11 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post
I was taught by my mom (main caretaker) and beta dad (just kinda there providing) to always be good, do what you're told, work hard, and be nice. Also sent to a Catholic elementary school. I've been a 'nice guy' all my life. I cringed at my bosses' wedding when I was chatting with a co-worker and she said to one girl I was interested in, "miamismo is such a nice guy." I knew right then and there that was my issue, I just didn't want to face it.

Another time, I started to like this other chick and guess what being a nice guy did ? Got me in the freaking friend zone. " He is a nice guy but I can never imagine myself falling for him" Those were her exact words which she told to our mutual friend. For all you nice guys reading this, don't do it. I just bought my ticket for the douchebag train. Happy to be aboard.

This is also why guys get friendzoned.
That's a big, old negative, Ghost Rider.

Being actually nice isn't a bad thing. Does this mean that sometimes women will only want to be friends with you? Yes. But, conversely, if you're a douchebag all the time, you may not get any more dates than you get right now, but you'll have less women who think you're nice enough to be friends with. This shrinks your available options for female friends who might have girlfriends they'd like you to meet.

So, that really depends... do you want female friends at all? If not, there's no need to cultivate friendships with females, I reckon.

Women of any sort of worth will not flock to you if you're a douchebag. Do women with issues sometimes date guys who are jerks? Sure thing. If you are in this solely to get laid, then have at it.

If you want a relationship, a future, a wife down the road... any of that? There is no need to abandon being a kind, decent human being.

Now, if you are "nice" (with the quotation marks) that's slang for "you do the stuff that makes you seem nice, but you are actually anything but."

Women can spot fake niceness a mile away.

Ask yourself this:

Are you the sort of guy who'd compliment a woman and then, if she didn't thank you for the compliment (let's say she just nodded or what have you) you'd turn around and tell her she was a ***** for not appreciating the compliment? If so, you are not a nice guy.

Are you the sort who'd ask a girl out and if she told you she had a boyfriend (whether she did or not) or that she wasn't interested, would you then berate her for not accepting your invite? If so, you are not a nice guy.

If you would still be cordial to the women in the above examples? You're probably a nice guy who just isn't having much luck with women... but, being nice is never actually a problem unless you're a complete and utter doormat.

And, that doormat thing is only a problem if you get into a relationship and someone takes advantage. It's not usually an issue when it comes to FINDING dates.

Points for you to ponder, fella.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:11 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Thread closed because we don't do the alpha/beta thing here. Please read the forum rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.