Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 09:44 PM

114 posts, read 92,362 times

Advertisements

I just got home from a date and it wasn't a good fit. Based upon this reaction I will inact silence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 09:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGirl144 View Post
I just got home from a date and it wasn't a good fit. Based upon this reaction I will inact silence
Online dating or met in person before first date?

Either way sorry it wasn't a match

Old 07-08-2016, 10:56 PM

114 posts, read 92,362 times
Online dating. I've had a few dates the last few weeks with varied chemistry matches. This one was a definite no go.

One guy who I have seen a few times definitely confuses me. He seems to really like me and I definitely enjoy spending time with him but our dates are weeks to months apart because he's in the army. I just can't tell if I like him as friend or more. I don't want to lead him on but I'm very unsure.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:47 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,026,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernladyinclt View Post
Why would a guy write a text message 15 minutes after a first date stating he had fun and thanks for having dinner with him only to get my hopes up? After this I responded politely that I had a good time as well and thanks. After a few days I wrote him and he replied but he never initiated a text and never asked for a second date. Why bother to say you had fun and send a text immediately after the date and then change your mind?
Being Polite which is done by men and women after a 1st date.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:51 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,026,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Don't people usually plan a 2nd date before the 1st one ends? I've always assumed if the 1st ends without a 2nd then, there is no more. My 2 pennies.
No every second date I had last year was planned after the 1st date.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:23 AM

762 posts, read 611,114 times
I've had a number of guys do that. From my own personal experiences, it's been a way to keep you "around" so he could contact you months later and think you still would meet him again, he's stupid, or he did that but then met someone else. Personally I believe men know on a first date if they want to see you again. Once you say your goodbyes, if not interested to meet again don't make contact period.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:30 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
So if a man or woman texts after a date to say they had a good time but don't ask for a second date they are wrong?
Then if a man or woman does not text after a date to say they had a good time and just cut contact they are wrong?

Exactly how is one supposed to get anything right with that type of logic and requirements?

OP: I think the guy was being polite and I see no reason for you to have high hopes when there was no indication on his part for anything more than the words he wrote.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:39 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
I've had a number of guys do that. From my own personal experiences, it's been a way to keep you "around" so he could contact you months later and think you still would meet him again, he's stupid, or he did that but then met someone else. Personally I believe men know on a first date if they want to see you again. Once you say your goodbyes, if not interested to meet again don't make contact period.
That's a good point

Yes I can see a few blokes that would do that and yes THEY ARE STUPID!!! , and don't actually realise that their absence proves that they are not that interested.

It's a stupid way to go about dating in truth and a complete waste of time IMO, plus there was a thread last year of some nutter that purposely waits between 3-5 days to get in contact to try and organise another date.....

FWIW I usually know within 15 minutes if not quicker of meeting someone if they are for me or not .... Or if I'm for them ( either way it won't work ) and without fail I always make a point of arranging to see them again on the date and in person, as it's not right to not keep her guessing or wondering " how did the date go " and I can see her facial expression, manner, attitude etc towards me that you can't see via texting.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:44 AM

762 posts, read 611,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That's a good point

Yes I can see a few blokes that would do that and yes THEY ARE STUPID!!! , and don't actually realise that their absence proves that they are not that interested.

It's a stupid way to go about dating in truth and a complete waste of time IMO, plus there was a thread last year of some nutter that purposely waits between 3-5 days to get in contact to try and organise another date.....

FWIW I usually know within 15 minutes if not quicker of meeting someone if they are for me or not .... Or if I'm for them ( either way it won't work ) and without fail I always make a point of arranging to see them again on the date and in person, as it's not right to not keep her guessing or wondering " how did the date go " and I can see her facial expression, manner, attitude etc towards me that you can't see via texting.
Yeah I prefer on a first date that the guy (if interested of course) asks me out for another date and we make plans right then and there. Seems like today that's not the norm though.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:47 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Don't people usually plan a 2nd date before the 1st one ends? I've always assumed if the 1st ends without a 2nd then, there is no more. My 2 pennies.
That's been my experience.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships