Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:02 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,864 times

Advertisements

OP: What, specifically, was the reason for the breakup? You say things became difficult and you couldn't see much of each other, yet you live in the same city. You say you couldn't go out with her "because of her parents and stuff." What does that mean, exactly? You say things ended "because we were young," but that was only a year ago. You can get better advice if you explain the situation more fully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 AM

15 posts, read 9,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Were you two ever romantically together? It sounds more like you were only together in classes.
If that is so, it may be that you developed a very close and loving friendship.
There's nothing at all wrong with that and nothing wrong with seeing each other again in a less restricted manner to see just what your feelings for each other really are.
Yes we were. But not alot. We didn't have a lot of opportunities to be that way romantically but we tried.
Yes we did have that, its the best friendship we had I never got so close and felt so comfortable with someone. Guess that's what made me appreciate her and what we had more, it wasn't a wild emotionless relationship.

Makes me want to try again with her .

Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You spent the majority of the time on the phone back them. You can say that you really don't know her then. You really need to be with them for a long time.

She knows you were madly in love with her back then and could be playing you for it now. We really don't know.

If anything good comes out of this is she is visiting you cause she is horny and you'll get your noodle wet. Other than that I see no lasting relationship.
That has me wondering as well why she just came back into the picture all of a sudden. I knew she would've sooner or later because some memories with me would drive her crazy like parts of the day and things she sees will always remind her of me.

Some of it will hit her hard and also I don't think the break up really hit her because when we broke up she started university like 2 months after.

She was telling me how she use to think about me a lot when she was in school.

Honestly I don't want to be a friend. I'll always care for her and be there for her but I don't want to be a friend. There's too much there to be friends for me.

That's why I wanted to tell her how I feel, and either move forward with her from there or move on with out her.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
OP: What, specifically, was the reason for the breakup? You say things became difficult and you couldn't see much of each other, yet you live in the same city. You say you couldn't go out with her "because of her parents and stuff." What does that mean, exactly? You say things ended "because we were young," but that was only a year ago. You can get better advice if you explain the situation more fully.
Firstly her mom was ok and cut her some slack when it came to me. She use to help cover up for her when we talked and she came over once for a gathering at my house and that's where she met my family.

Her dad is different he's. Very strict and she's a daddy girl so he was strict strict.
We finished school in 2014 and as much as we tried it was hard. I couldn't take her out because she worked for a few months and it was even hard to meet her in work. I would go visit her sometimes and spend some time with her.

Once she had to go in town for a meeting so I went and met her we went movies and spent the day together. Guess that was our first date. This was in December 2014 BTW.

With her father being strict it meant she couldn't go out much and meant I couldn't see her much. We just grew apart I was immature to admit it then but we did. We didn't talk as much during the day, in the nighttime also and it just fell apart because there was nothing to hold it up.

It hurt me a lot at the time because in all my life I never had someone like that, my life was like the titanic and she was my life boat.

I'm not emotionally invested like I was last year, my feelings are just acting up more now because I just have the feeling that if it could work this time why not make it work. Its gonna be easier than in was in college and we could do things that we couldn't do back then.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:12 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by username10 View Post
...in all my life I never had someone like that, my life was like the titanic and she was my life boat.
Honestly, you need to tread VERY carefully with this.

This Titanic comparison is a clear sign that you two were quite emotionally immature and involved in a relationship that you could not keep out in the open because of her dad, mostly, which means that the secrecy of it made it THAT MUCH MORE exciting, in a way.

It also means that you didn't really get a good idea of what a healthy romantic relationship should be like.

Just be careful. It really sounds like you already are too emotionally invested in, at the very least, the IDEA of what this girl meant in your life and probably are relying on those feelings to fill a lack of "something" in your life.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:04 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,864 times
Why was her father involved in her dating life? She was an adult when you were "together," correct? Is this a cultural thing?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Honestly, you need to tread VERY carefully with this.

This Titanic comparison is a clear sign that you two were quite emotionally immature and involved in a relationship that you could not keep out in the open because of her dad, mostly, which means that the secrecy of it made it THAT MUCH MORE exciting, in a way.

It also means that you didn't really get a good idea of what a healthy romantic relationship should be like.

Just be careful. It really sounds like you already are too emotionally invested in, at the very least, the IDEA of what this girl meant in your life and probably are relying on those feelings to fill a lack of "something" in your life.
I do want to. Yeah much ppl didn't know, my family did and a few friends and just her mom and some others. She did mean a lot to me and the chance of maybe getting back together is fueling my emotions.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Why was her father involved in her dating life? She was an adult when you were "together," correct? Is this a cultural thing?
Her father wasn't but I don't think her parents would've expected her to be in a relationship as yet. Its not really a cultural thing but just with some people it happens. They are very religious as well and well when it was time for us to be more open we already broke up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships