Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 02:48 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

That's the thing ... it should be fairly easy to tell if she is lying.

If you and your family regularly are this raunchy with each other as a matter of course, then this isn't THAT big a deal.

However, based on the fact that you were surprised by the nature of the messages, I am betting that you don't all do this with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 06:47 PM

32 posts, read 20,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's the thing ... it should be fairly easy to tell if she is lying.

If you and your family regularly are this raunchy with each other as a matter of course, then this isn't THAT big a deal.

However, based on the fact that you were surprised by the nature of the messages, I am betting that you don't all do this with each other.
She says she thought I knew about them texting this way. I had no idea.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocatedIn2014 View Post
I have a couple of questions/thought processes.

1. Does your wife communicating with anyone in the manner surprise you ? Has she eve texted you like this ?
If this isnt a surprise to you, and she has texted you in thisway, was this typcially a prelude to some fun ? Or does she flirt like this and nothing becomes of it.

2. Are you aware at all that your wife is sexual in this way ?

If the answer to both questions is no, you have serious problems.
If the answer to 1 is no but yes to 2, then maybe she is flirting.
If the answer to 1 is yes but no to 2, then you still have a big problem.

For me, i would like to think that the woman i am engaged to would know that this kind of behavior is a deal breaker. There is no way I could handle such behavior. For me, that kind of convo is strictly for me and the woman I am exclusive with.

I know ofher people perhaps would totally be ok with that, with different sexual lifestyles and personalities and all. But I am not emotionally or menatally capable of sharing that side of the woman I am exclusive with.

I honestly don't know what I would do if I were you. Before I did anything, I would probably think about it hard for a few days.
Hopefully its all a big joke and no harm no foul.
1. It surprises me very much. She has never even used a sexual word in front of me. So the answer to question 1a. is yes 1b. No
2. My wife is / was the quietest person I know. I was not aware.

She left again to go back home. I asked her to stay and she said no. She wanted to go and visit her family. I have three days to figure out what I should do.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booshy View Post
She left again to go back home. I asked her to stay and she said no. She wanted to go and visit her family. I have three days to figure out what I should do.
I vote for a surprise visit.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:09 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
1. It surprises me very much. She has never even used a sexual word in front of me. So the answer to question 1a. is yes 1b. No
2. My wife is / was the quietest person I know. I was not aware.

Is there any reason why you cannot take off of work and surprise her and her family with a visit?

Old 07-23-2016, 01:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
I randomly checked my wifes' phone and found sex text messages between her and her brother in law. Messages dating back almost three years. The messages were not all sexual but some were quite inappropriate (IMO) for married persons to be exchanging.

Messages were sexual but were not actual sexting but things like, "I know how much you want me" and "I know how much you like the c":k". Oral sex was implied in a few of the texts as well.

When I asked my wife about the messages she assured me that they were just jokes. She said that is the way they joke together. She also assured me that nothing was going on and I was over-reacting by being upset with the messages.

Am I over-reacting by asking her to stop? Am I wrong to assume, "behind every joke is a grain of truth"?
Well that is actually how some people exchange banter.....

For example..... My mate has the most gorgeous and wonderful girlfriend you could dream off, when we first met I jokingly asked if she had a sister for me lol..... And as we have the same sense of humour and are good with the innocent flirting/innuendos etc that was the start of it.

Above all my mate KNOWS there's nothing going on and KNOWS it's just our way of having a laugh...

What prompted you to check her phone?

Old 07-23-2016, 01:28 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
Here are my thoughts.

*If she is "joking" (which I don't buy, because if this is how she truly joked, you wouldn't be shocked about it, and certainly would have noticed her odd way of joking with other married men before you even married her), then it is not very becoming of a married woman, is it?
*If this is her way of "joking", how many other men does she say this to?
*Whether or not nothing has happened, this isn't OK, because you aren't OK with it.
*Show her sister the texts and see how SHE feels about it. It's all for a good laugh, isn't it? (Ok, maybe don't do this one. But ask your wife how her sister would feel if she saw the messages, and if she is OK with her husband speaking that way to other women). Hey, since he joked like this in person once, maybe it IS ok to ask the sister how she feels. I'm guessing she likely doesn't know that this is going on.

Call me old fashioned, but your wife isn't so dim (at least, I hope not) to think that you would be completely OK with this behavior.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well that is actually how some people exchange banter.....

For example..... My mate has the most gorgeous and wonderful girlfriend you could dream off, when we first met I jokingly asked if she had a sister for me lol..... And as we have the same sense of humour and are good with the innocent flirting/innuendos etc that was the start of it.

Above all my mate KNOWS there's nothing going on and KNOWS it's just our way of having a laugh...

What prompted you to check her phone?
Some people do joke like that. I get it. They have said a couple things in front of me and we all laughed. My issue is not so much the jokes but the way they were exchanged. Private messages, IMO, are no longer jokes. They have crossed a line where it has become between just the two of them.

I checked her phone as to check when and what time our son's doctor appointment was. That is it. I have never had trust issues with her.... I still don't think anything physical has happened. I feel the ground work was being done for the chance of a future encounter.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:34 PM

She says jokes. I say, when you joke using private messages, it has become more then that. Behind every joke is a little bit of truth.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:41 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Some people do joke like that. I get it. They have said a couple things in front of me and we all laughed. My issue is not so much the jokes but the way they were exchanged. Private messages, IMO, are no longer jokes. They have crossed a line where it has become between just the two of them.

I checked her phone as to check when and what time our son's doctor appointment was. That is it. I have never had trust issues with her.... I still don't think anything physical has happened. I feel the ground work was being done for the chance of a future encounter.
Well I'm not too sure it genuinely could be a way to carry on the banter ... I've texted her before saying what are cooking for dinner and more importantly what's for afters?... Sort of thing and LOL you want to see the things she says to me! lmao

The point is my mate knows it's all banter and we are as group very close.... Plus he's known me since school so knows what I'm like so he has absolutely no trust issues with me or gets the hump with it...

If to you a one on one ( text ) there s more to it .... What's your next move?

Are there other problems with your wife that make you think she will cheat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships