Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 07:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,054,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Sounds like a Maury episode in the making.
So many of the relationship stories on here do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 07:45 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,293,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
my favorite:
"I think we moved WAY to fast, and I want to stop having sex for a while. I do NOT want to see other people, or break up, I just want to go back to the beginning and make it new again"
Man, I got this one too. Sad part I was 30 when I was hearing it. I dug my heels in and she ended up breaking up with me. A month later she was with her new boyfriend, who's now her husband and father of her child. In the end, all's well that ends well. In reality, I knew what was happening, I just didn't want it to happen, because I dug her company quite a bit.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:56 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,888,714 times
When I was 34 , I had a relationship that lasted a few months with a "bombshell". Come summer, I had to visit some family for several days without her, I thought it was okay with her, when I broke the news, she didn't seem overjoyed that I left her , but I believed she would get over it.I xwas dead wrong. When I came back from my family visit, there was no one home , only her set of keys on the table with the simple words "it's over"!

Old 09-01-2016, 08:16 AM

1,544 posts, read 927,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I had a girlfriend like that. She was a sweet person but not the brightest bulb in the box. She was a heavy pot smoker so that might have had something to do with it. I found my attention wandering to all sorts of trivial things whenever we were together. When I figured out I would rather be doing laundry than spending time with her, I knew it was time to move on.
I've always been that way. It's as if whoever assumes the "boyfriend" title doesn't bother to to pique my interest while we speak. Oddly enough, I have a best friend of nine years (a guy) with whom I could talk for hours--sometimes till dawn.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:21 AM

51 posts, read 53,144 times
I made it clear to my girlfriend from the start that I did not, nor would I ever want kids. She was ok with that and said she didn't really want kids either. We are good about using protection and she is on the pill, but we still had the what if an accident happens conversation early on. She said she would have an abortion if it came to that.

We were recently talking about zika virus babies and the topic of abortion came up. She stated something to the effect of if she ever got pregnant, the only time she would abort is if she knew the kid had a deformity or she was exposed to zika.

I knew the relationship was over as soon as I heard that. I broke up with her the next day.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:15 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,680,203 times
When he came home and said "It's over."

Old 09-01-2016, 11:29 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,233,616 times
Literally ten minutes into the date.

I was in college and this girl was always flirting with me. When she asked what I was doing that night, I told her some buddies and I were going to the midnight showing of Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

"Oh, I love that movie!" she squealed. She was cute so, hey, why not?

The movie credits start rolling [See below] and we all start laughing our butts off. She leans over and whispers, "Why are you laughing at this? This isn't funny at all." Five more minutes and she said, "This isn't funny at all. It's really stupid."

I got up and took her home. I got back in time for the 'merely a flesh wound' scene. I mean, what was the point in continuing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djKPvXDwXcs

Old 09-01-2016, 12:29 PM

971 posts, read 691,489 times
Like another poster said. When it went from being our house, our furniture, our carpet etc etc in conversations to her house, her furniture etc etc.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:16 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,668,401 times
When I found another girl in my bed.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:46 PM

579 posts, read 557,507 times
Geez. I knew so many times. I only stayed with him because he was emotionally abusive and made me feel like I couldn't do better. I finally just had enough after I caught him in yet another lie about his past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships