Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 01:29 AM

505 posts, read 369,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
When I found another girl in my bed.
/thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 01:52 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
When I found another girl in my bed.
Good god, sorry that happened to you.

My best friend's ex girlfriend left him and said it was because she really liked women. Or at least that was one of the reason's. It appears that she's now with a guy and is pregnant, but she did start dating another girl right after they split. Fortunately for him, he did not have to find out the way you did.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:09 PM

127 posts, read 90,923 times
When my last ex sent a text saying that I was more of the girlfriend-type and that she was more of the wife-type. When I asked him who is "she", he said one of his friend's names. I already knew about her, since he often brought her up. He often talked about only wanting to have a fling with her, so I couldn't understand why he would he would consider her the wife-type. Besides that, she tended to disappear for weeks or months, and would only contact him if she needed him for something.

I became tired of him leading me on and changing his mind about whether I was the wife-type or not. So, when he sent me that text, I put my foot down and made his mind up for him. I told him that he could be with her and left it at that.

I eventually blocked him from my phone and all of my social media a week later. He kept begging and pleading for me to come back, offering gifts, money, marriage, and love. I knew he was lying and being manipulative; he would just go back to the way he was when if I took him back. If anything, his begging and bargaining just drove me further away.

I haven't spoken to him since December 2014, when he got a new number. He asked me to do something for him as a way to lure me back. But I saw through his trick and said no, then blocked him again. And that was that.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:21 PM

594 posts, read 380,387 times
I believe my exwife and I knew it was over at about the same time; towards the end of our umpteenth counseling session. We both sort of looked at each other, no hard feelings, we knew we didn't love each other anymore, we knew we both wanted to move on with our lives separately. That was at about year 14 of our 18 year marriage. We stayed together the remaining 4 years to sort of let each other emotionally detach, get all our financial ducks in a row, sell the house, we both got involved with other people, then we filed and that was that. We're still friends, we still run in the same social and academic circles, more or less. We respect each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships