Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would they leave you?
Yes 7 13.46%
No 45 86.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 12:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,544,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That's not true!

I really HAVE only been with one other guy.

...Plus...I don't usually do this sort of thing, and...well. Yeah.
What today?, this week, month?..... LMAO

Old 08-30-2016, 01:02 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,544,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Don't ask don't tell.
Exception made for funny OLD stories, I love hearing those!
Well.... Ahem ..... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Like just about any other subject, some will and some won't. Men tend to exaggerate up and women tend to lower their number.
That's so true mate! It's painfully true infact with some of the blokes ive known .... " oh I went out twice last weekend and shagged 3.... They've all been ringing me ... Non stop to see them again and think I'm the best ever "

Old 08-30-2016, 01:05 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,024,292 times
It is known. I can't imagine withholding info like that from a spouse.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:13 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
I don't know about y'all, but I have avoided doing anything that I would be ashamed of. I'm not saying I am above judgment, but I cannot be shamed by my choices in life. If my guy took issue with anything in my past, then he wouldn't be my guy.

And to a select few others posting in this thread - midgets and donkeys, really? Is that the freakiest you've got?

Old 08-30-2016, 01:20 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,124,790 times
an individual who doesn't feel like their past is anyone else's business is not necessarily ashamed of it.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:23 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,021,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
an individual who doesn't feel like their past is anyone else's business is not necessarily ashamed of it.
This.

I can't imagine a scenario where I would want to be with someone who felt that it was important to have the rundown of my sexual history. I am not ashamed of it. I would simply not be compatible with someone who placed any sort of importance on knowing a "number".

Old 08-30-2016, 01:27 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,877,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's kind of where I sit, I'm not really a jealous guy but I don't need to know all of the details. I get that she's not a virgin and all and I don't need to know about that one time with that one guy.....
Right, getting into details just isn't necessary unless there's a point to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Thanks, I was married for 20 years, and proud to say my number was ONE during that time. I just don't find it necessary to get a running list of anyone else's exploits. I will answer questions like: "most interesting location?" or "ever have a 3-some", but numbers...eh...who cares.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:29 PM

52,315 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I don't know about y'all, but I have avoided doing anything that I would be ashamed of. I'm not saying I am above judgment, but I cannot be shamed by my choices in life. If my guy took issue with anything in my past, then he wouldn't be my guy.

And to a select few others posting in this thread - midgets and donkeys, really? Is that the freakiest you've got?
I would tend to agree. I have a couple of things in my past that if I were to do differently I would have but other than that I tend to be a bit on the vanilla side. I haven't been with so many women that it would raise an eyebrow, but enough to know better.

I think for me if I found out that the woman I was seeing turned out to have been a stripper or a prostitute it would be a deal breaker for me. I mean we could hang out and have a few dates, but not bringing her home to meet momma if you follow me.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:38 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,463,585 times
My wife pretty much knows all about my past, The good the bad and the ugly

She is fine with it, I am not the same person I was all those years ago and by this point our history together has shown her all she needs to understand about me.

I am of the mindset that only the people afraid of judgment and guilty of it are the only ones who attempt to keep so much of their past in the past.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:41 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,877,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Right, I don't have anything I could even get defensive about. The point of deciding anyone's in a position to judge though, makes me uneasy, if one were to ask me for my sexual history I might find them a little odd, and want to know why they need to know? When you're with someone for a long enough time in a committed relationship, they usually get the general info anyway...marriage, what you like and don't like...without a detailed autobiography. With pictures of the midget. On a donkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships