Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would they leave you?
Yes 7 13.46%
No 45 86.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 02:11 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,932,064 times

Advertisements

No.

I discussed it with her during a 5.5 hour drive to visit my grandparents. It was almost 2 years after we had been together.

I don't remember how it came up. I felt weird about it the next day. I had a very brief wild phase about 3-6 months before meeting her.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:37 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,983,567 times
Sex is nothing to be ashamed of anyway. So what if you had a three way? Or five way? Or ten way? Are you a better person somehow if you had a ten way, one person at a time? (also known as serial monogamy). And what of the sex of your partners? Or how long you have known them before having sex? Or even if you took money for these activities? Or if you used giant flagpole sized toys, whips and chains, or toys that were loud enough to wake the dead? I think that as long as we are STD free and are faithful to our current partner, that's all that matters.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:59 PM

52,315 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Sex is nothing to be ashamed of anyway. So what if you had a three way? Or five way? Or ten way? Are you a better person somehow if you had a ten way, one person at a time? (also known as serial monogamy). And what of the sex of your partners? Or how long you have known them before having sex? Or even if you took money for these activities? Or if you used giant flagpole sized toys, whips and chains, or toys that were loud enough to wake the dead? I think that as long as we are STD free and are faithful to our current partner, that's all that matters.
I tend to agree with what you're saying here, but a lot of people don't. Some women will dump a guy if she finds out he was with a professional just as some guys will dump a woman if they have multiple 3 ways or fill in the blank with whatever it may be. Lots of people do this, especially if they are only just casually seeing someone.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,243,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yup. As far as I'm concerned, as long as activities were limited to consenting, adult humans, it's all good.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:01 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,544,147 times
I'm beginning to feel Im not at all boorish and rather conservative with the conventional one on one without help or accessories. LOL

Old 08-30-2016, 04:03 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
This.

I can't imagine a scenario where I would want to be with someone who felt that it was important to have the rundown of my sexual history. I am not ashamed of it. I would simply not be compatible with someone who placed any sort of importance on knowing a "number".
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Right, I don't have anything I could even get defensive about. The point of deciding anyone's in a position to judge though, makes me uneasy, if one were to ask me for my sexual history I might find them a little odd, and want to know why they need to know? When you're with someone for a long enough time in a committed relationship, they usually get the general info anyway...marriage, what you like and don't like...without a detailed autobiography. With pictures of the midget. On a donkey.
If I were asked for a blow-by-blow, I would definitely have to ask, why do you want to know? But for the intents and purposes of this thread, we are hypothetically answering a question based on the set-up written by the OP. And my answer still stands. Even if I were to share everything it wouldn't change a thing. Same goes the other way - nothing he did consensually before we met would turn me off. If I learned he was an ex-con, a drug user, STD-sufferer, a closet homosexual, a child abuser, etc. - those features would definitely be a no-go for me.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:15 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,877,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If I were asked for a blow-by-blow, I would definitely have to ask, why do you want to know? But for the intents and purposes of this thread, we are hypothetically answering a question based on the set-up written by the OP. And my answer still stands.
Yep, easy, answer question only: still NO.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,039,040 times
The thing is, kids ARE apt to do more daring, more rash and more "out there" things...kids are risk-takers, they're full of vinegar, full of hormones, sometimes full of suppressed feelings (due to not being on their own and hence able to express what they're feeling without "getting into trouble for it") and they are more apt to bow to peer pressure.

Though SERIOUSLY wild things MAY indicate a more wild nature in general for a lifetime, generally, IMO, to judge a person on his/her younger past is silly. People change. People mature.

My husband jumped off a roof as a 14-year-old, on a dare. I'm not worried about him jumping off roofs now. (FTR, he broke his collarbone.) I'm also not worried about him experimenting with drugs or girl-hopping like he did until age 25 or so. Kids do STUPID things. We all know it. Unless they receive some life sentence, so to speak (i.e., an STD) and have matured out of it, I can't see holding it against the person. (Indeed, even if the person did receive an STD I can't see holding that against him/her, but...you get what I mean here.)

Old 08-30-2016, 07:32 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,354,012 times
So like if a guy experimented with other men in his frivolous youth, that would be cool then? Ima don my detective hat and get out my magnifying glass and check that other thread.

Edit: Not aimed at you, JerZ. Your post just sums up the past is past sentiment, with a nod to youthful poor judgment, both of which were conspicuously absent in the other thread.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:43 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,643,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Nope. They would never completely know about my sexual escapades; ever!
Good answer

I think the reality is that for most people, there has been at least a couple casual partners. I know guys that have been known to run around and still have no problem getting laid.

So my guess is most women brush that little big detail off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships