Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 09:27 PM

20 posts, read 12,826 times

Advertisements

So it's been awhile since I've posted but here it goes.

Lately I've been hanging out with this girl and she is absolutely great. We tend to finish eachother's sentences and I've never been so comfortable around someone my whole life (a whopping 17 years).
I'm not joking when we have everything in common, same taste in music, movies, dating, and sex. So needless to say I'm helplessly head over heels for this girl. Now comes to the trouble, she has a boyfriend, and he is absolutely bat**** crazy. He steals her phone and texts me and tells me she hates me and then deletes all the texts like nothing happened. I keep telling her but all she does is forgive him. What should I do?

All I know is that I feel like Jim from The Office on a spiritual level, when he's in love with Pam while she's dating that one dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 09:33 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Dude, what part of "she has a bf" don't you understand? Have you been dating this woman, or something? How did you happen to get head-over-heels for her, finishing her sentences, etc., if she has a bf? Did she tell you she's breaking up with him? Doesn't sound like that's happening, from what you say. Maybe he thinks you're the one who's bat--- crazy, for even thinking of putting the moves on her, knowing she has a bf.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
The office should be on Netflix. Keep streaming.

Oh, about girls you're pining over? To be perfectly blunt, it looks hopeless for you.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:36 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,696 times
Dude, get over her, she is untouchable. I got caught up with a married chick and in the end she chose her husband. Broke my heart so bad, never again will I make that mistake. Save yourself the heartbreak, real talk.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:38 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
There's nothing you can do. She knows what kind of guy her boyfriend is. And for now, that's the guy she wants to be with.

Sorry I couldn't give more positive or profound advice. But some things are pretty simple. There's not really anything you can do.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 PM

102 posts, read 73,264 times
OP, you are what's called an orbiter, friendzone type

And I'm going to share something that I really want you to think about: Did it ever occur to you that she keeps you around cuz she gets off (emotional rush) on her bf going bat*** crazy over her interactions with you?

Yup,chicks do that kind of stuff so let that sink in.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:54 PM

20 posts, read 12,826 times
@Ruth4Truth

She didn't even tell me she had a bf up until a few days ago.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:06 PM

102 posts, read 73,264 times
Try kissing her, that will give an idea of where you stand with her.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. Cuz if you dont got the ballz to do that, you dont have what it takes to steal her from her bf. Attractive women often need a bridge to leave a relationship, they go from bf to bf cuz it minimizes the break up drama. Case in point Taylor Swift and her break up with Calvin Harris. So if you cant do that or she rejects your kiss, save yourself from that situation

Old 08-30-2016, 10:16 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Dude, what part of "she has a bf" don't you understand? Have you been dating this woman, or something? How did you happen to get head-over-heels for her, finishing her sentences, etc., if she has a bf? Did she tell you she's breaking up with him? Doesn't sound like that's happening, from what you say. Maybe he thinks you're the one who's bat--- crazy, for even thinking of putting the moves on her, knowing she has a bf.
Pretty much this^

Do you think you're going to somehow rescue her from an abusive bf? Sorry, but its not going to happen. You're fantasizing.

Dude, there's a ton of other girls out there.... that are single. Don't waste your time. Move on!

Old 08-30-2016, 10:24 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The office should be on Netflix. Keep streaming.

Oh, about girls you're pining over? To be perfectly blunt, it looks hopeless for you.
It is, and Hulu too. Jim and Pam got married! I'm going to look for it right now. Naysayers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEP_S_QxjJY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships