Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 01:43 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I personally find it obnoxious when people start spoutin off their political beliefs as if everyone in the room agrees with them and assumes that everyone thinks the same way.
The one person on social media that I can't stand the posts they make is my uncle. I'm not gonna unfriend him over it or anything like that, but I find him to be completely hypocritical.

A little bit of background on him. He's a 55 year old, that's been ''Retired'' for I don't even know how many years now. He collects social security disability and has been since maybe even the year I was born. If he's been collecting since 82, he's been on it since he was 21 or 22. He had an accident at work the year I was born and I believe he's been collecting disability ever since. But for a damn near 20 year stretch between the early 80's and early 00's, he had his own business. A blue collar business, in which he would do work around people's houses and get paid for it. He had the business under his then girlfriend's name and the work truck in her name. Probably made up fake employee's names when the taxes were done. How else could he have gotten away with it? Then he came into a little bit of money when he was able to sell my grandmother's house after she died and stopped doing this business. Then he bought himself a bike! A Harley! A motorcycle! And remember, he's supposed to be disabled! How the hell do you even get a motorcycle license if you're technically disabled? And a LOAN from the bank for a motorcycle if you're disabled?

And to top this all off, he posts about Trump every day! He posts about illegal aliens ripping off the taxpayers every day! And welfare and other social programs! And he's been collecting for 30+ years and isn't even disabled enough that he can't ride a motorcycle, play golf and work on the side!?

Old 09-02-2016, 01:47 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
The one person on social media that I can't stand the posts they make is my uncle. I'm not gonna unfriend him over it or anything like that, but I find him to be completely hypocritical.

A little bit of background on him. He's a 55 year old, that's been ''Retired'' for I don't even know how many years now. He collects social security disability and has been since maybe even the year I was born. If he's been collecting since 82, he's been on it since he was 21 or 22. He had an accident at work the year I was born and I believe he's been collecting disability ever since. But for a damn near 20 year stretch between the early 80's and early 00's, he had his own business. A blue collar business, in which he would do work around people's houses and get paid for it. He had the business under his then girlfriend's name and the work truck in her name. Probably made up fake employee's names when the taxes were done. How else could he have gotten away with it? Then he came into a little bit of money when he was able to sell my grandmother's house after she died and stopped doing this business. Then he bought himself a bike! A Harley! A motorcycle! And remember, he's supposed to be disabled! How the hell do you even get a motorcycle license if you're technically disabled? And a LOAN from the bank for a motorcycle if you're disabled?

And to top this all off, he posts about Trump every day! He posts about illegal aliens ripping off the taxpayers every day! And welfare and other social programs! And he's been collecting for 30+ years and isn't even disabled enough that he can't ride a motorcycle, play golf and work on the side!?

I suggest we change the subject as this really burns me. Disability fraud is going to bankrupt the system based on some of the stuff I've read about.

We've all got a family member that we shake our head about.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I suggest we change the subject as this really burns me. Disability fraud is going to bankrupt the system base on some of the stuff I've read about.

We've all got a family member that we shake our head about.
Absolutely.

The kicker is that he pretends to stand against the things that he himself is a BIG part of!

Old 09-02-2016, 02:08 PM

17 posts, read 11,641 times
I couldn't date a church-attending Christian, so I completely understand OP. Don't blame you one bit.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
I couldn't date a church-attending Christian, so I completely understand OP. Don't blame you one bit.
I'm not very religious either, but I think I could probably date a girl of any religion. There are certain religious beliefs that a woman could have, that would cause me not to date them.

Like ''No sex before marriage'' or something, for instance. I could probably get behind at least dating a girl of any religion. Maybe with marriage and a family, things could get complicated with what religion you would like to raise your child(ren), etc.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:19 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
Everyone's got their thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I'm not very religious either, but I think I could probably date a girl of any religion. There are certain religious beliefs that a woman could have, that would cause me not to date them.

Like ''No sex before marriage'' or something, for instance. I could probably get behind at least dating a girl of any religion. Maybe with marriage and a family, things could get complicated with what religion you would like to raise your child(ren), etc.
I could date just about any faith as long as they aren't in your face about it.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:

I could date just about any faith as long as they aren't in your face about it.
Those are my feelings exactly.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:48 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Lmfao. . . . This election is an effing joke. I don't partake in bs, so no, this is not happening to me. A Trump or Hilary supporter would be wise to stay the hell away from me.. As I will gladly do the same
There should be a option on the ballot for "None of the above"
...not that it will matter with the current system, the electoral collage will just vote whoever they want in. The system is too antiquated for the times it exists in

I am ok with people hating different political views other than my own but nobody seems capable of just being accepting anymore. everyone just wants to prove how they feel is the right way to feel, sling mud and fight each other.

It's a sad reflection of the political parties behavior and the politics of our time
The radicalism is approaching levels of silliness

"Debate" has become another word for being an annoying ******* about opinions and viewpoints more often than the actual action of debating another.
Half the time people just want to rag on people who are not even interested in debating in the first place, as if it's accomplishing something by barking to someone not even partaking.

Good old George W warned us all those years ago of what the formation of political parties would do to a country...

Last edited by rego00123; 09-02-2016 at 03:59 PM..

Old 09-02-2016, 03:50 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I just lie to Hillary supporters; I figure they're use to it
And then tell them the truth just as you are bringing them to climax.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
There should be a option on the ballot for "None of the above"
...not that it will matter with the current system, the electoral collage will just vote whoever they want in. The system is too antiquated for the times it exists in

I am ok with people hating different political views other than my own but nobody seems capable of just being accepting anymore. everyone just wants to prove how they feel is the right way to feel, sling mud and fight each other.

It's a sad reflection of the political parties behavior and the politics of our time
The radicalism is approaching levels of silliness

"Debate" has become another word for being an annoying ******* about opinions and viewpoints more often than the actual action of debating another.
Half the time people just want to rag on people who are not even interested in debating in the first place, as if it's accomplishing something by barking to someone not even partaking.

Good old George W warned us all those years ago of what the formation of political parties would do to a country...
Agreed.

Especially the part about other accepting others beliefs and mud slinging. This is exactly the kind of stuff I see people fighting about when they read Facebook statuses from their friends on there.

I pretty much accept everyone's views, even if I vehemently disagree and even if the Trump enthusiasm from my grandparents embarrasses me when I have my fiancé over there.

I used to try and change people when I was younger, like when I was 15-18 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships