Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 04:10 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGirl144 View Post
There are only about 20000 in my town. Only 1600 in the 24 to 40 demographic. Take out females...married men and obviously not compatible. It's slim pickings. I think a handful of the guys further away would have been decent chances if I was only 40 minutes away instead of 90.

I guess I'm mostly worried about not fitting in at Orlando.
If you were riding a Harley in the Summer, it would make your 90 minute ride much more enjoyable, darlin'. .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 07:10 PM

265 posts, read 1,063,845 times
You sound like you are excited about this potential change. I suggest that if you do it you do so because you have multiple motivations, because you CANNOT guarantee (no one can) that you/they will meet someone there who will become a long-term partner. Examples of other motivations could include better weather, improvement(s) in job, doing certain sports year 'round, more diverse culture, lower cost of living, or wanting to try living in a bigger city or another part of the country. It is desirable that you would already have a job in place, in this economy. I have an acquaintance on another blog who is married, lives in WI, and just bought a house in Orlando where they are planning to retire. They are excited. Although personally I am not one to go toward more heat and humidity.
As far as dating, it is common in this online-dating era for people (men and women) to go on dozens and even 100s of first dates before meeting (IF they meet) one where there are mutual fireworks and settling down. People may be on those sites for years. These days, "first dates" are often coffee or a drink or something like a walk in a park or a free concert. Many people keep it low-key for the first date or couple of dates. Anyway, don't rely on online only. Go slow with strangers you meet and always do a background check. Good luck.

Last edited by Tuneful; 09-10-2016 at 07:19 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 08:33 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
"Anywhere you go and here you are still"

I'm not a big fan of moving for these kinds of reasons, others will probably disagree. Unless you're going from a podunkville town of just a few thousand to a big city it probably won't make much of a difference in your dating prospects.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:38 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not a big fan of moving for these kinds of reasons, others will probably disagree. Unless you're going from a podunkville town of just a few thousand to a big city it probably won't make much of a difference in your dating prospects.

But that's exactly what she's doing! LOL

Old 09-10-2016, 09:48 PM

114 posts, read 92,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneful View Post
You sound like you are excited about this potential change. I suggest that if you do it you do so because you have multiple motivations, because you CANNOT guarantee (no one can) that you/they will meet someone there who will become a long-term partner. Examples of other motivations could include better weather, improvement(s) in job, doing certain sports year 'round, more diverse culture, lower cost of living, or wanting to try living in a bigger city or another part of the country. It is desirable that you would already have a job in place, in this economy. I have an acquaintance on another blog who is married, lives in WI, and just bought a house in Orlando where they are planning to retire. They are excited. Although personally I am not one to go toward more heat and humidity.
As far as dating, it is common in this online-dating era for people (men and women) to go on dozens and even 100s of first dates before meeting (IF they meet) one where there are mutual fireworks and settling down. People may be on those sites for years. These days, "first dates" are often coffee or a drink or something like a walk in a park or a free concert. Many people keep it low-key for the first date or couple of dates. Anyway, don't rely on online only. Go slow with strangers you meet and always do a background check. Good luck.
I am super excited. I might only have to be in the office a few days a week...so I hope to live by the beach. Losing my friends and being further from family are the only downsides. Well more humidity and bugs. But living in a place like that might mean people actually come visit me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships