Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 09:21 AM

151 posts, read 126,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Men are all the same, no matter what we say!
I'd be really curious to know what you mean by this, since 1) I don't think I've ever met two people of any gender I'd describe as "the same" and 2) I don't think it's a great attitude to have when meeting someone new.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:39 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedx02 View Post
I'd be really curious to know what you mean by this, since 1) I don't think I've ever met two people of any gender I'd describe as "the same" and 2) I don't think it's a great attitude to have when meeting someone new.
Since you're really curious, I'll do my best to explain:

The average guy is clueless about what makes a good relationship and needs to grow up in order to succeed at love and intimacy.

It's not easy for me to admit but I thought I was different but I'm not. I'm still learning and I'll leave it at that!

Old 09-16-2016, 10:12 AM

151 posts, read 126,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Since you're really curious, I'll do my best to explain:

The average guy is clueless about what makes a good relationship and needs to grow up in order to succeed at love and intimacy.

It's not easy for me to admit but I thought I was different but I'm not. I'm still learning and I'll leave it at that!
OK, got it.

I've seen people who doomed relationships from the start by basically assuming that a new person they're dating is flawed in the same way as an ex, so that's why I was curious about the "all the same" comment. But that wasn't really what you were referring to.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:52 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedx02 View Post
OK, got it.

I've seen people who doomed relationships from the start by basically assuming that a new person they're dating is flawed in the same way as an ex, so that's why I was curious about the "all the same" comment. But that wasn't really what you were referring to.
Cool, glad I could clarify. It was a pretty vague statement that could be taken many different ways.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:07 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
Are you a stud, bro? About how old are you? ~ Just curious because I have rarely been approached and asked out by a women. Actually, if I am being honest, it has only happened to me twice. The first time I was in college and we were in the same gym class. She spotted me off campus and didn't hesitate. It was cool because I was planning to ask her out...just hadn't gotten up to you. We had some very "hot times".

The second time I was a bit older and working a summer job. I won't go into the details, but basically it was a cycling type women who was quite a bit older than me. I was still young so it wasn't much of a question. Our "first date" was biking around as she was super into it .... A day or so after our biking I stayed at her lodging arrangements, which was a house. She made me a nice meal and e had diner. Showered together and other stuff. Lasted until she went on vacation in europe.

I will never forget.
I am not a stud nor will I act like one but I am 26 years old I have been approached about 4 times in my entire life. I went out with two of those women and it didn't go well the other two were women I had zero attraction to so I stopped accepting dates from women who ask me out. Nothing personal, but I would rather do it myself.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:27 PM

261 posts, read 221,594 times
Several actually:

1) Don't be stuck up or self centered
2) Be honest and actually make a REAL effort. Don't be lazy ass and tell the guy to chase you. Actually do some chasing yourself too
3) Don't play games. Seriously, just don't. DONT.
4) Actually follow through. If you want something, GO GET IT AND DONT MAKE EXCUSES
5) its NOT all about looks. This is probably why you are still single and cannot find someone decent because looks is like oxygen these days...very unrealistic and TOTALLY unattractive!

that's just the beginning!

Old 09-17-2016, 09:02 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I am in the minority of men when I say I don't accept dates from any woman who approaches me first. I have been approached and rejected them each and every time.
Each and every time? So, you never tried it? This shows that it is a principle for you.
Based on what?
I would understand more if you accepted some times and were disappointed?!

Old 09-17-2016, 09:25 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Each and every time? So, you never tried it? This shows that it is a principle for you.
Based on what?
I would understand more if you accepted some times and were disappointed?!
I think 49ers embraces being the hunter. Nothing wrong with that. In my experiences when women have asked me out, usually there was an OBVIOUS reason why I wasn't interested enough to ask them first.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:38 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
observe, observe observe!

How a person treats a wait staff is tantamount to how you will be treated.....

I've dated various men from different backgrounds....yet one thing that has been the key to further dates...
How they interacted with wait staff. One guy was so respectful. He specifically engaged the attendant , addressed him by first name and all thru out the meal, used his manners. We dated a few months , its was every bit a regarding relationship. He was persistent in how he treated folks.

To this day I learned from him to do the same. I treat them as decent humans...performing a task and wishing to be regarded. My gal pals are like...are you hitting on the wait staff? and I kindly reply, no I am giving them the respect of courtesy ...a "please Jake", and "Thank you Jake" can make the difference in that persons day.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:55 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think 49ers embraces being the hunter. Nothing wrong with that. In my experiences when women have asked me out, usually there was an OBVIOUS reason why I wasn't interested enough to ask them first.
Yes, I agree, it's good advice, to let the man be the hunter, because later on it is difficult to switch the roles.

Men often say.."we encourage women to approach us first, it shows confidence..." and what not.

But secretly they lose just a little bit of respect, and think "I wonder what's wrong with her?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships