Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 03:03 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
I won't put my life on Hold but I guess I just wanna know if we can be something more than friends when we meet
You won't know that until you meet. Is it possible? Sure. But it's not something that can be decided prior to the two of you spending time in the same place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 03:06 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
I won't put my life on Hold but I guess I just wanna know if we can be something more than friends when we meet
You KNOW the answer to that!
In post #1 you said - numerous times...
Quote:
she flipped out at me, said she would never love me and would always see me as nothing more than a freind
Quote:
she has kept talking to me less and less and she no longer says she loves me or likes me and sees me nothing more than a freind.
Quote:
But at the same time she says i am nothing more than a freind, and that she will never love me
Why are you refusing to listen to her?

Old 09-18-2016, 03:06 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,053 times
Quote:
But if i do wait for her that long do you think we can actually have a relationship together or will she not be interested ?
Well, HOW should WE know that? We are not "clairevoyants."
This depends only on you and her, in Summer of 2017.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

Well, since she is only 18, and insecure and confused herself, she might change her mind, tomorrow, @ the drop of a hat. Let's see how she and he think in summer 2017, if they are ready to wait that long. A lot can happen till then, for both.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:16 PM

26 posts, read 12,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

Because she is still talking to me right now, and because she said she will go on a date with me when we meet

Old 09-18-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Because she is still talking to me right now, and because she said she will go on a date with me when we meet
o.k., here you have it again, she does not want you to come over at Christmas.
So, stay in contact with her, email, text, etc....until she comes over in Summer of 2017.
Good luck, it seems that she is for real.

Not everybody who does not want to skype is a catfish, some people just do not like to skype.
Some people to not like to talk on the phone, not all are catfish.
People are different.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:23 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
I live outside of Manchester, and she hasn't picked the final University yet

And yeah I do have a lot of time and emotion invested in her because i thought she cared too, I think I've already accepted that nothing might happen between us but there is still some hope that maybe when we meet something can happen
Quote:
But if i do wait for her that long do you think we can actually have a relationship together or will she not be interested ?
It's hard to say whether you'll have a relationship together. It's still early days yet - you are still at the point where you are getting to know each other.

If you are both really serious about each other, then there is the option of her applying to a Uni near or around the Manchester area. It will have to be her decision though - although you could suggest it to her.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
It's hard to say whether you'll have a relationship together. It's still early days yet - you are still at the point where you are getting to know each other.

If you are both really serious about each other, then there is the option of her applying to a Uni near or around the Manchester area. It will have to be her decision though - although you could suggest it to her.
But do you think she is serious about me or not ?

Old 09-18-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
o.k., here you have it again, she does not want you to come over at Christmas.
So, stay in contact with her, email, text, etc....until she comes over in Summer of 2017.
Good luck, it seems that she is for real.

Not everybody who does not want to skype is a catfish, some people just do not like to skype.
Some people to not like to talk on the phone, not all are catfish.
People are different.
but when she does come over
will it work ?
is there anything i can do to make it work or will it fail ?

Old 09-18-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
But do you think she is serious about me or not ?
How should we now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships