Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 11:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
But did he know they were supposed to go in advance? Or did he hike, and she called him up wanting to go out?

In his OP, all he says was that she wanted to go to a concert, but he was tried from hiking.
That's true. The way I read it was as if he had already made plans. If not, that certainly changes how I feel about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 12:14 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
One of my favorite rappers summed this up nicely (albeit crudely)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGobXsmPx78
Sound more like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5-84-ZOLf3c

Old 10-31-2016, 12:15 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times
Well, of course she became angry. She thought she had hooked and landed you, to be her new ATM machine. You just didn't understand what your role was to be. But now you do.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:32 PM

35,097 posts, read 31,339,345 times
I don't generally date women with small kids, but she's seemed really sweet over a few dates.

She told me she wanted to go to a corn maze Saturday and I texted her Saturday morning but no response until late in the evening. She said she had the kids and didn't expect to and her phone was dead all day. Fine.

I texted her Sunday and she was up in the air on it, so I just went on with my day. She texted me sometime while my phone was out of service - not sure when. I got service again around 4 and noticed the text. It would easily have been an hour and a half from where I was to where she lives, then we'd have to drive another 30-45 minutes to where we wanted to go then I'd have to take her back again, then back to my home. It was probably an hour and a half out of my way in driving time.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Well shoot, if she wants to go to the brewery concert she should go. It would be weird she was waiting on you for that.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Well, of course she became angry. She thought she had hooked and landed you, to be her new ATM machine. You just didn't understand what your role was to be. But now you do.
Where do you get "ATM machine" out of this?

Where did she ask for money? She asked for a ride. She USUALLY takes public transportation, according to the OP, which I'm assuming she pays for.

She says she's broke but how does that translate to her deciding she's found a cash cow? Has she asked for a dime, OP?

Old 10-31-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Has she asked for a dime, OP?
He did say he's been paying for everything, which is odd after multiple dates.

We don't know, but if she was suggesting to go to this event, and expecting him to pay, that would be quite rude of her.

(ATM is a bit of a leap though)

Old 10-31-2016, 12:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
He did say he's been paying for everything, which is odd after multiple dates.

We don't know, but if she was suggesting to go to this event, and expecting him to pay, that would be quite rude of her.

(ATM is a bit of a leap though)
Yes, he said "off and on for a couple of weeks" which to me would say only a couple/few times if it's only been two weeks and it's "off and on" (??).

So...ATM machine and so on...I'm just not seeing it. If they were seeing each other for a month or something and were going out multiple times a week and she was paying for nothing, plus pushing for pricey dates, or else asking him to literally buy stuff for her randomly, then I'd say "ATM machine".

Either way, the OP doesn't seem all that into this so I'm not sure why he's even continuing to see this woman unless...let me guess...she's hot?

Old 10-31-2016, 12:47 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,473,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I don't generally date women with small kids, but she's seemed really sweet over a few dates.

She told me she wanted to go to a corn maze Saturday and I texted her Saturday morning but no response until late in the evening. She said she had the kids and didn't expect to and her phone was dead all day. Fine.

I texted her Sunday and she was up in the air on it, so I just went on with my day. She texted me sometime while my phone was out of service - not sure when. I got service again around 4 and noticed the text. It would easily have been an hour and a half from where I was to where she lives, then we'd have to drive another 30-45 minutes to where we wanted to go then I'd have to take her back again, then back to my home. It was probably an hour and a half out of my way in driving time.
I'm with Niner Fan on this one. She's a mess man. Move on.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, he said "off and on for a couple of weeks" which to me would say only a couple/few times if it's only been two weeks and it's "off and on" (??).
Yeah, I don't know how you can get on and off after only a couple of weeks. That makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships