Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:24 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post

I have already purchased dating programs and listened to them, and I may consider doing so again because I forgot most of the ideas in them.
If you are going to spend any money, this would probably be your best investment if you are trying to figure out what women want in guys. Much better than what any dating guru can tell you and probably better than any advice you are going to get on an internet forum.

https://www.amazon.com/Mate-Become-M...&keywords=mate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 07:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Do you hope that the woman you are planning to partner with is going to solve all the difficulties you are experiencing in your life?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:24 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Your looking for a woman to date who will take on your problems as her own? Only crazy chicks would even consider signing up for that.

Dating should be two (equals) coming together with people who add to their (already health) lives.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-12-2016, 08:28 PM

466 posts, read 314,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your looking for a woman to date who will take on your problems as her own? Only crazy chicks would even consider signing up for that.

Dating should be two (equals) coming together with people who add to their (already health) lives.
exactly!!!!

Old 11-12-2016, 11:17 PM

151 posts, read 102,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Have you been tested for Aspergers?
I have not, and my psychiatrist has not even suspected it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You would do well to get out of the "approach" mindset. This works for a very small subset of guys. It is still pretty low percentage even for them.

In a relationship, most women want a guy who is kind and caring but not suffocating, confident but not arrogant, funny but also serious, passionate but not clingy, and somewhat socially adept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If you are going to spend any money, this would probably be your best investment if you are trying to figure out what women want in guys. Much better than what any dating guru can tell you and probably better than any advice you are going to get on an internet forum.

https://www.amazon.com/Mate-Become-M...&keywords=mate
Thanks. Have you applied something from its techniques and it worked for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Do you hope that the woman you are planning to partner with is going to solve all the difficulties you are experiencing in your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
exactly!!!!
I have not said that I want someone to solve my problems. This is what I said:

I am a 29 years old foreigner and did not want to come to the US (some circumstances made me get over here). But once it happened, I wanted to get a relationship with a woman here, mainly because I want to settle down and want someone to, emotionally, take ownership of my cases. I used to face and overcome many problems of different kinds once I arrived here, mostly alone.

I got one (single-authored) original article accepted subject to minor revisions by a prestigious journal and completed and submitted another manuscript. My professor asked me before “Is it you who has written this?†implying he was suspicious that the work is plagiarized due to its high quality and being very clear and coherent (he admitted that explicitly). I could deliver such works even with chronic depression, anxiety disorder, and other problems that hinder my ability to focus. Still, I have done that with minimal help from my adviser. Now, what I am looking for is a person who is willing to be genuinely happy for seeing me succeed. That person must be a woman who is excellent in showing her sympathy. Such a connection needs to be established as an outcome of mutual interaction rather than happen for being a relative (i.e., mother-son relationship). I also expect to be consoled when I feel that things are getting tough. It is not that I am needy as I do not expect (and even do not like) someone to do my tasks for me. I am sick of people who show interest in me only when they expect a benefit, and want a woman who is genuinely into me, enjoys herself with me and has a healthy attitude whenever an argument emerges (i.e., be solution-oriented and willing to maintain connections).

So I do not want someone to solve my problems. I want a woman who can feel what I feel and be happy for me when something is already done. That means a lot to me, and I would sincerely cherish it. It is how I need affection to be shown.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks. Have you applied something from its techniques and it worked for you?

I have not said that I want someone to solve my problems. This is what I said:

I am a 29 years old foreigner and did not want to come to the US (some circumstances made me get over here). But once it happened, I wanted to get a relationship with a woman here, mainly because I want to settle down and want someone to, emotionally, take ownership of my cases. I used to face and overcome many problems of different kinds once I arrived here, mostly alone.

I got one (single-authored) original article accepted subject to minor revisions by a prestigious journal and completed and submitted another manuscript. My professor asked me before “Is it you who has written this?” implying he was suspicious that the work is plagiarized due to its high quality and being very clear and coherent (he admitted that explicitly). I could deliver such works even with chronic depression, anxiety disorder, and other problems that hinder my ability to focus. Still, I have done that with minimal help from my adviser. Now, what I am looking for is a person who is willing to be genuinely happy for seeing me succeed. That person must be a woman who is excellent in showing her sympathy. Such a connection needs to be established as an outcome of mutual interaction rather than happen for being a relative (i.e., mother-son relationship). I also expect to be consoled when I feel that things are getting tough. It is not that I am needy as I do not expect (and even do not like) someone to do my tasks for me. I am sick of people who show interest in me only when they expect a benefit, and want a woman who is genuinely into me, enjoys herself with me and has a healthy attitude whenever an argument emerges (i.e., be solution-oriented and willing to maintain connections).

So I do not want someone to solve my problems. I want a woman who can feel what I feel and be happy for me when something is already done. That means a lot to me, and I would sincerely cherish it. It is how I need affection to be shown.
I understand you, you want validation from someone other than family and friends which a good woman will fulfill that part of you. If im right rate my comment because I'm pretty sure that's what you need and I know some men who do as well.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:28 PM

also as you said you need a woman who will be there for you during hard times, who will show compassion towards you, Essentially you are looking for love from a person who you can build a strong bond with.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I understand you, you want validation from someone other than family and friends which a good woman will fulfill that part of you. If im right rate my comment because I'm pretty sure that's what you need and I know some men who do as well.
Quote:
also as you said you need a woman who will be there for you during hard times, who will show compassion towards you, Essentially you are looking for love from a person who you can build a strong bond with.
Basically, you are right. But it is not validation because this would imply acknowledging and appreciating what is done, and this seems a little bit formal.

To make things clearer, I do not want someone to say "you are a diligent genius" when I do accomplish something. Or "tell me what you did to appeal that unfair decision" (i.e., analyzing what happened). It is emotional solidarity and warmheartedness what I am looking for (and I could not find words other than these two, but they are as close as I could reach).

And yes, bonding is also something I want, and this is why I was so happy in my previous relationship; bonding was so intense and continuous.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:27 AM

641 posts, read 405,780 times
Quote:
Try an online test for it and see what the results are.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Try an online test for it and see what the results are.
I got a score of 27 on Easy Online Aspergers Test Quiz: Your Autism Quotient Score. Here is the result interpretation:

26-31 gives a borderline indication of an autism spectrum disorder. It is also possible to have aspergers or mild autism within this range.

Couldn't it be that ADHD/ADD have symptoms which overlap with aspergers? Symptoms that I have and indicate ADHD/ADD are more relevant to the latter than to aspergers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships