Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,703 times

Advertisements

My bf and I broke up a few weeks ago, it's been about a month an I'm starting to get antsy.... I'm sorry but I just don't know how you can go so long without. I just can't. I have tried and failed. I wasn't ready before, I was too upset, but now that I'm starting to feel better, I'm approaching that time where I know I will want to soon. All attempts at resisting are going to prove futile eventually. I will swear I'm not going to but at some point I will have a weak moment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 07:07 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
My bf and I broke up a few weeks ago, it's been about a month an I'm starting to get antsy.... I'm sorry but I just don't know how you can go so long without. I just can't. I have tried and failed. I wasn't ready before, I was too upset, but now that I'm starting to feel better, I'm approaching that time where I know I will want to soon. All attempts at resisting are going to prove futile eventually. I will swear I'm not going to but at some point I will have a weak moment...
No need to resist, onegreatnurse. And, please...desiring sex is not being "weak." It is, in fact, perfectly typical of a healthy, mature human being. Don't lose sight of that, and don't let all the talk of celibacy in this thread make you lose sight of the fact that being celibate is not the usual condition of healthy, non-geriatric adults.

So find yourself a good, supportive lover and scratch that itch!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
If self-pleasure doesn't count then 2.5 years and counting.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Some of the smartest people in the history of Earth practiced celibacy.

I will be celibate until I'm in my next relationship. Casual sex is lame.

I don't think sex takes away my creativity or anything like that. I'm just going to be celibate so I pick a person that is good for me this time. Genitals suck at picking GFs.

Last edited by JSizzle225; 05-28-2010 at 07:46 AM..

Old 05-28-2010, 08:19 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
I was celibate and I think it was divine punishment. A nurse I worked with told me she'd been celibate for 11 years. I thought to myself, OMG! You're crazy! I could never do that! Next thing I know, I'm celibate. Didn't want to be in a relationship as I'd just divorced and didn't want random partners so I put it away only to have it take on a life of it's own. Ten years later, it was over. I'd do it all over again just to break it with whom and the way I did. Well worth it. Hope that wasn't TMI.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,116 times
yeah been celibate about a year now. I took a vow of celibacy. I hope to ordain soon as a Buddhist monk (before I'm 40 and I'm 37 now!) I'm just giving celibacy a go for when I ordain, see if I can hack it. The world is so sexualized. You see on Tv, the internet, posters. There seems a pressure to have a partner or engage in sex, Personally I think sex is over rated! it's alot more fun being celibate

Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
If self-pleasure doesn't count then 2.5 years and counting.
I just did a double-take when I saw your name.

Aren't you married?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
I have been celibate for 9 months for each of my 3 pregnancies. Some men will tell you that marriage is pretty much a vow of celibacy just kidding.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 AM

37,469 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I have been celibate for 9 months for each of my 3 pregnancies. Some men will tell you that marriage is pretty much a vow of celibacy ...
Well it certainly is not like dating was.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:26 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I have been celibate for 9 months for each of my 3 pregnancies. Some men will tell you that marriage is pretty much a vow of celibacy just kidding.

ouch why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships