Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 05:04 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviva63 View Post
Hmm, ok so from your responses maybe I wont text him at all and see if he texts me in the next few days and just be alone on NYE. Before the end of the date it really did seem like he liked me, but maybe he was just being polite.
Go ahead and text him! Apologize for being a bit off on your first date and explain that you have chronic headaches that often occur without warning. Offer to treat him to coffee in the near future as a way to make up for it.

Don't mention New Years. Give him space to respond. Don't send out any other texts unless he replies favorably. If he does, ask him if he has a favorite cafe and take him there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 06:17 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
He would have already asked you out for NYE if he wanted to go out...

I wouldnt text him.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:22 AM

37 posts, read 33,811 times
Yeah you're probably right.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:26 AM

914 posts, read 738,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Go ahead and text him! Apologize for being a bit off on your first date and explain that you have chronic headaches that often occur without warning. Offer to treat him to coffee in the near future as a way to make up for it.

Don't mention New Years. Give him space to respond. Don't send out any other texts unless he replies favorably. If he does, ask him if he has a favorite cafe and take him there.
This is a good approach.

OP, I got to say though... Why would you switch the place of the date, then expect him to know of other venues nearby when you knew that he was from a place 1h away? If you are in a similar situation again, take out your smart phone and use Google ...

Old 12-31-2016, 06:30 AM

I don't know. I feel really awkward in this place. I just moved here 2 weeks ago and I don't have a car, so I don't know the area at all. This is LA, and its huge and spread out. And he was born and raised in LA so I don't know I just still felt like he was the "host" since I moved here from NYC but maybe thats wrong
Ugh I feel so bad and stupid and helpless
Plus I couldn't stop talking on the date ugh im horrible

I'm getting a bad feeling that he didn't just text me when he got home, you know. That's the normal thing to do. If I wake up in the morning and there is no text, then I guess I will know. Although I suppose I already feel it bc he didn't text directly after the date. ugh

Old 12-31-2016, 08:59 AM

914 posts, read 738,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviva63 View Post
I don't know. I feel really awkward in this place. I just moved here 2 weeks ago and I don't have a car, so I don't know the area at all. This is LA, and its huge and spread out. And he was born and raised in LA so I don't know I just still felt like he was the "host" since I moved here from NYC but maybe thats wrong
Ugh I feel so bad and stupid and helpless
Plus I couldn't stop talking on the date ugh im horrible

I'm getting a bad feeling that he didn't just text me when he got home, you know. That's the normal thing to do. If I wake up in the morning and there is no text, then I guess I will know. Although I suppose I already feel it bc he didn't text directly after the date. ugh
Well as you say LA is a huge place so I'm not surprised that he didn't know places near you, if he doesn't live locally.

All that negative self-talk isn't helping Aviva. What's done is done, it's not the end of the world!! Maybe shoot him a text saying something along the lines of you hope that he got home alright, thanking him for the date and express that you would like to see him again. He might think that you weren't interested since he isn't aware that you had a bad headache.

Even if it doesn't work out with this guy, it was just one date! Plenty of fish in the sea etc. Take care!

Old 12-31-2016, 12:50 PM

Since it's noon and he hasn't yet texted me, I'm assuming he didn't like me. Never got a text this late from a guy that was interested. Sigh.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:58 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
It could just be me, but the words, "It was really nice finally meeting you," are what I say to people to be polite. Could be he already has NYE plans, but I don't think he felt the same way as you did.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:04 PM

Yeah the "it was nice meeting you" threw me off too for sure.
I still want to text him today (and earlier if possible) but yeah I feel kind of a sinking feeling now like he just didnt like me bc why not a text by noon.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:40 PM

Alright well I already texted him something simple. So we will see. He better look at his phone soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships