Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 11:33 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I know it is ("man, bad) (woman, good) around here and I will probably get my ass handed to me for saying that. But to be honest I wouldn't be happy about this either. Why'd you even let him hug you for so long? The whole thing is weird and creepy.
If she'd pushed him away and yelled, "Get your hands off me, you creep!", you would have accused her of being a feminist byytch. I'm sure she was shocked and stunned, and was scrambling to think of what she should do. Maybe she thought it would be over instantly, and when it wasn't, she got embarrassed, and froze.

Women are raised to be "nice", and to not offend people or create scenes. This ingrained response can put women in danger. They need to learn to be more assertive. For example, she could have simply stepped away when the hug lasted longer than a moment, and said, "You're too kind, but my boyfriend wouldn't be happy if he were here."

It's hard to think of these things when you're in an unexpected moment, though--something completely from left field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 11:35 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,297,139 times
How long was the hug? Is the electrician good looking or something??

Otherwise he wouldn't have said "YOU WANTED it". Instead of being mad at you he'd probably mad at the guy or something if he wasn't at least attractive.
You know you'll somehow get a reaction out of your bf whichever way he thinks of the situation right? It's really no big deal, he'll get over it pretty soon because he doesn't seem to care much about you anyway.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:36 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,947,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
How long was the hug? Is the electrician good looking or something??

Otherwise he wouldn't have said "YOU WANTED it". Instead of being mad at you he'd probably mad at the guy or something if he wasn't at least attractive.
You know you'll somehow get a reaction out of your bf whichever way he thinks of the situation right? It's really no big deal, he'll get over it pretty soon because he doesn't seem to care much about you anyway.
As I said, he wasn't there and doesn't know what the electrician looks like.

But he cares enough to get so upset about it? Okay makes sense.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:37 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
IT HAS to be more to the story. Do you have a history of cheating or not being faithful to him or your past lovers? He is insecure that you may cheat on him? Do you flirt with other guys in front of him, thus, making him insecure? Is he insecure, period?!

I feel like you're telling only a quarter of the story. What is your history with your boyfriend like? How long have you guys been dating? Has his past partners cheated or have you cheated with your past partners? I feel like there's some important facts or history that has been omitted. This story sounds way too one-sided

*I'm not trying to bash you, op!
This is outrageous! There's nothing more to the story. Get over yourself. A woman has a stranger get physical with her out of nowhere, and this is how you treat her? You have no idea how intimidating and embarrassing something like that can be. If it had been her boss, she really would have been stuck. She would have been thinking that her job could be on the line, if she chose the wrong response. She is not responsible for some creep coming onto her out of the blue. It's the creep's fault, not his victim's fault.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is outrageous! There's nothing more to the story. Get over yourself. A woman has a stranger get physical with her out of nowhere, and this is how you treat her? You have no idea how intimidating and embarrassing something like that can be. If it had been her boss, she really would have been stuck. She would have been thinking that her job could be on the line, if she chose the wrong response. She is not responsible for some creep coming onto her out of the blue. It's the creep's fault, not his victim's fault.
Thanks. I don't even know why I responded to him. I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to accept. Tired of victim blaming.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Maybe the electrician was checking for shorts...
Ok.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:20 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Imho, I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, OP. It's not like he rubbed his hands vertically up and down your back while sniffing your hair/neck. What are we talking about here? 4 sec hug - 5 sec tops?

Anyway, you should have not said anything to your bf and let be. Imagine how drama free you'd be right now with your bf

Old 01-04-2017, 12:23 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
I would imagine since you didn't object or set the guy straight in the moment it happened your husband by extention questioned what you would do if you DID want attention from another male.

The issue for him won't just be about a simple unwanted hug alone. I'll guarantee it

He is acting out of emotion, which is coming off super controlling and unreasonable but the questions and feelings he is most likely experiencing are not really without validation.

This is a "sit and talk about things" moment.
You are both experiencing very different expectations of one another.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:46 AM

52 posts, read 39,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Maybe the electrician was checking for shorts...
Snort.

Yes this is extremely odd behavior.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:21 AM

914 posts, read 738,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This.

I feel for the OP. She tries to tell her boyfriend about something that made her uncomfortable. And instead of lending a sympathetic ear, the boyfriend made the whole thing about himself, forcing her to manage his feelings. Way to show support. /s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships