Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 AM

672 posts, read 2,125,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I been thinking this way since I was 15. I'm 100% sure that I will be childfree permanantly. If I had a sterilization, I'll have no regrets.

Well, I will take your side in this. If you don't want children, then you don't. That doesn't make you a bad person. It just means you know what you do, and don't want. I have one son, who is grown now. But, that one was all I wanted, and he is the only one I have. Remember, it's YOU who has to live your life, not someone else. You can find like-minded females out there. Thats my thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Well, I will take your side in this. If you don't want children, then you don't. That doesn't make you a bad person. It just means you know what you do, and don't want. I have one son, who is grown now. But, that one was all I wanted, and he is the only one I have. Remember, it's YOU who has to live your life, not someone else. You can find like-minded females out there. Thats my thoughts on this.
You know people always said abuse to me, on Yahoo! Answers, that I'll change my mind. Like they don't even know me, or my life.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post
LAFan,

Maybe nobody wants to have your baby. Have you considered that?

The female of the species is often very selective on who she has sex with. She needs to determine who has the best genes. While it's easy for most women to find a sex partner, some men never have sex because their gene pool is just so horrible that nobody wants to have their baby.

If your prospects for having sex are very low, maybe you don't need sterilization.

Carrot Juice
This is for the future.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:38 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
There are childfree groups on meetup.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,884 times
It's good you're thinking about this now.

It never occurred to me to think about whether or not I wanted kids or to talk about this with my partner. It wasn't until three years after we were married that the topic of kids ever came up. It was then that I realized that we had very different views on this matter--he wants kids whereas I do not. I always assumed I wanted kids, without ever really thinking about it, and we never discussed this at all when we were dating or married until about a year ago. Now it's a problem and it's causing me a lot of stress. I feel like I have to give in and give him the kids he wants--though I told him there is no way I am getting pregnant, so we'll have to adopt.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
There are childfree groups on meetup.
When are where?

Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post

It never occurred to me to think about whether or not I wanted kids or to talk about this with my partner. It wasn't until three years after we were married that the topic of kids ever came up. It was then that I realized that we had very different views on this matter--he wants kids whereas I do not. I always assumed I wanted kids, without ever really thinking about it, and we never discussed this at all when we were dating or married until about a year ago. Now it's a problem and it's causing me a lot of stress. I feel like I have to give in and give him the kids he wants--though I told him there is no way I am getting pregnant, so we'll have to adopt.
Before I was 15, I wanted kids, but after having a job of dealing with some crazy toddlers (I only picked the for a summer program in which I thought was easy), I was like no, never have kids. I been like this for 4 years.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 PM

920 posts, read 2,813,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
You know what I think is weird? When someone says they WANT kids, no one says to them, "It's permanent, you know," or "what if you change your mind?" But if you say you DON'T want them, you get those remarks frequently.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
When are where?
There are childfree groups on the website meetup- atleast in my area there are. They might have some in your area as well.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post

If you really don't want to raise children- I wouldn't even adopt them.
Don't you think if you are married- raising children should be a mutual decision that both people agree on?
There's nothing wrong with not wanting children- I don't want them either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships