Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
LIKE having a college degree proves anything about intelligence THESE days. That's like saying. Oh no, he (or she!) is not gay..they're married.

Good point, just look at the Univ of Southern Mississippi band members who chanted 'Where's your green card?' to a Kansas State b-ball player from Puerto Rico.

Then again, we are talking about the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 11:55 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,752,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Good point, just look at the Univ of Southern Mississippi band members who chanted 'Where's your green card?' to a Kansas State b-ball player from Puerto Rico.

Then again, we are talking about the South.
Gotta love those redneck jokes and stereotypes. Anyone from the MidWest to very rural East Coast as well as way out West on down to deep Texas ALL seem to fit in...if Yo man enough!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM

It should also be brought up that your race has nothing to do with it either. I'm friends with a few black men who would scare the daylights out of Eminem. In short...you don't have to be white to be a "country guy" or redneck!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Gotta love those redneck jokes and stereotypes. Anyone from the MidWest to very rural East Coast as well as way out West on down to deep Texas ALL seem to fit in...if Yo man enough!

See, there was this thing called the American Civil War. Years later, the south has undoubtedly become more progressive and enlightened. BUT, it still lags behind the rest of the country. As a minority and former resident of Chapel Hill, NC, the south is one backwards place.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,832 times
Honestly, I don't think there are many differences between country and city boys; most alleged stated "differences" being romanticized cliches based on what we expect to come out of those environments. There are polite, laid back boys in the city, and there are guys in the country who are not polite and are always in a hurry. It is overly simplistic to categorize a guy based on whether they live in an urban or rural environment.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
See, there was this thing called the American Civil War. Years later, the south has undoubtedly become more progressive and enlightened. BUT, it still lags behind the rest of the country. As a minority and former resident of Chapel Hill, NC, the south is one backwards place.
My question is always what did (you) "they" do to not fit in? Gangsta clothing and mentality won't earn you any points. A Harley Davidson, 1911 and a fishin' boat WILL!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
My question is always what did (you) "they" do to not fit in? Gangsta clothing and mentality won't earn you any points. A Harley Davidson, 1911 and a fishin' boat WILL!

Ha ha, I love the assumption that I wear gangsta clothing. Let's just say that right now I have on a $100 dress shirt, expensive chinos, and a nice tie.

I work in corporate America, and sure, I look down on the South. If you come in here talking like a hick and show no level of intelligence, I wouldn't hire you.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Ha ha, I love the assumption that I wear gangsta clothing. Let's just say that right now I have on a $100 dress shirt, expensive chinos, and a nice tie.

I work in corporate America, and sure, I look down on the South. If you come in here talking like a hick and show no level of intelligence, I wouldn't hire you.
We can't ALL be "country guys". One of my black "country guy" friends works for the U.S. Post Office. He also works part time at Pizza Hut. He can talk the talk and walk the walk. He doesn't have a problem at the gun show or lake tavern fitting in? The last time I saw him was at Texas Roadhouse with his GF. She is a very pretty light skin black woman. Hmmmmm!?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:10 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,085,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I've had both - Not at the same time of course...

I love a country boy... Just something about them..
Something like, we know how to fix stuff, we treat ladies like ladies, and we act like men?

I live in a city now, but I'm proud to have country roots.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
Quote:
We can't ALL be "country guys". One of my black "country guy" friends works for the U.S. Post Office. He also works part time at Pizza Hut. He can talk the talk and walk the walk. He doesn't have a problem at the gun show or lake tavern fitting in? The last time I saw him was at Texas Roadhouse with his GF. She is a very pretty light skin black woman. Hmmmmm!?
mmm fried pickles from TRH!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships