Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times

Advertisements

Both have good qualities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,914,467 times
jeez how about some love for us city guys?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times
Hmm, where I am from, these country boys have come out of the boonie ages and are quite capable of showing a girl a good time without embarrassing her.

They can clean up their mud-splattered pick-up --inside and out---pick you up on time, and take you to a very nice restaurant, complete with wine and good food--if that is your choice. They have become proficient in using a spoon, fork and knife and don't use the tablecloth as napkins anymore.

Seriously, I am country--so is my husband. Yet, we have college educations, can hold our own in any situation-whether it is talking with the Governor at a social function or speaking with Federal Senators explaining why we need a bit over a million dollars for water improvements in our town.

On the other hand, we are not afraid to get our hands dirty if the need arises. For instance, coming home from one of these functions, dressed in our very nice clothes--we happen upon an accident or a motorist in need, we will not hesitate to jump out to help whether it be muddy and having to push a vehicle out of a ditch to shredding that new expensive skirt to help someone with a gash from a wreck.

People, it is not where you come from that make who you are--it's what is inside you that does that. People from the country and/or from the city can be as intelligent and nice and friendly as they can be dumb/stuck-up and rude.

When you really get lucky is when you get the best of both worlds wrapped up into one. I know, I have that with my man, even though most days he comes home with mud and dirt from his toes to his hairline....I know the inner substance he carrys with him and his outer appearance might lead someone who does not know him to believe he is a dumb country boy, if they talk with him a bit they will see he is very intelligent and well mannered..

Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times
I was a "farm boy" and loved it. Helped dad take care of livestock and crops. After spending time in the Navy, ended up living in the city, but still had that "farm boy" mentality. Never bothered me to drive out into the country and go by dairy farms or go to a livestock auction. Got involved in pro rodeo, bought a horse and started roping.
Got around cowboys/cowgirls and got along with them fine. My wife was raised in the suburbs of Detroit, MI and loved boating. In her 30's, she moved to So. Calif. and loved country music/dancing and really wanted to meet a cowboy....a real cowboy, not some guy that could only do a "two-step". We got together and married 8 years ago!
She loved the rodeo scene, horses and found out quickly that I could "two-step", rope and loved boating. Today the rodeo action is over, but she tells me that I will always be her cowboy and how good I look if I dress up for a nice dinner out. We both love fishing and hunting. She is a darn good shot!!
Girls/Ladies: If you don't like the smell of livestock, hearing a tractor running or looking at dirty farm boots or cowboy boots.......stick with the dudes from the city. A "country boy/farm boy/cowboy" isn't going to pick you up in a Jag, Vet or Beemer and take you to a Play, Opry, Dinner Party or expensive dinner.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:05 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,596,781 times
Speaking as someone who grew up in VERY rural NE Louisiana (parish population barely 10,000) and lived in communities in every size category up to Dallas:

Differences between country people (not just guys) and city people?

Answer: both yes and no:

No - insofar that the basic impulses of human nature are the same wherever you go (good people and bad people, smart people and stupid people, open minded and narrow minded, not to mention -- desire to be loved, certain things we hate, love of status of some sort [not just an economic sense], gossip, shop talk, talk about interests, etc)

Yes where it concerns the percentage mix of any one kind of person who is interested in such-and-such (higher % of hunters and fishers in rural areas, higher % of art museum patrons in urban areas, country areas as a whole more conservative than urban areas, etc).

Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,374 times
There is a HUGE difference between country boys and city boys - dated them both but fell in love with and am engaged to my country boy. Whoever said that the country boy will make you fall in love for a lifetime was absolutely true. They are kind, curteous, gentle, manly, handy, they have manners, I found that out of the all the men I met and dated here and there, I made up my mind a long time ago that I would not settle for anything less than the best and he would be a country boy at that - that is exactly what I go too! I'm not saying that all city boys are a waste of time but you just get a different personality with the southern gentlemen. Incidentally, I'm also a country girl.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:45 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,995 times
LOL, may want to put emo boys in there as a third option...I am seeing more and more chicks into guys wearing these skinny jeans, all artsy-fartsy, and who look physically more frail than the women they're with.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 PM

819 posts, read 1,591,966 times
Not sure about the city boy vs the country boy, but last Sat my daughter and I were having lunch at a local resturant. As we got up to leave, two elderly gentlemen were passing us - one of them "tipped" his hat to us, and she was dumbfounded. Said that was the first time she'd ever actually seen a "gentlemen" do that. Maybe the difference is not between city and county, but gentlemen vs non gentlemen.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,267 times
Did somebody here mention city guys

YouTube - City Guys Intro 1

Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,354 times
I grew up with city boys, now I am surrounded by country boys (hillbillies)! I do not even look at them! Yuck! City boys rock and I miss them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships