Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 02:23 AM

382 posts, read 336,930 times

Advertisements

Been dating this girl for over two weeks now. Been on 5 dates and everything seems to be going good. I set up a date for this Sunday to go see the impractical jokers. I asked her to let me know if she wanted to hang out before then. Well, I ended up asking her if she wanted to hang out Thursday or Friday. This has been a common occurrence with her as in everytime I've asked her to hang out she says "Can I let you know?" She does let me know but when I asked her if she wanted to hang out Thursday or Friday. She said Wednesday would be be better or maybe Thursday. Can I let you know? I have made specific date times before with her but even when I say Friday st this time, she still says "Can I let you know?"

Just curious as to why she keeps doing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 02:28 AM

574 posts, read 377,358 times
She is looking for a better offer?
I think if someone was treating me second to possible offers that have not even come up yet I think I would cancel the next date and when she asks why just say, "can I let you know"?

Old 02-08-2017, 02:40 AM

953 posts, read 843,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post
... she still says "Can I let you know?" ... Just curious as to why she keeps doing this?
Valid question ... can I get back to you on this one?

Old 02-08-2017, 02:41 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,930,290 times
We'll let you know.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:22 AM

382 posts, read 336,930 times
So, she just waits for something better then it doesn't happen and she agreees to hang with me?

Old 02-08-2017, 03:24 AM

12 posts, read 7,817 times
I don't want to disappoint you, but that is exactly the thing I say to guys when I do not actually want to see them, but I feel bad to openly reject them. Often, after that, I never let them know when I do want to see them and hope that they will not contact me again.
When someone likes you, you are flattered and feel really bad to openly say "I actually do not want to see you, because I am not sure what I want about us/I have a boyfriend/ I do not like you", so postponing the answer is sometimes obvious (although unfair) choice.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:29 AM

1,178 posts, read 685,850 times
Perhaps she just thinks the dates are enough at this loint. I know I like things to start slow. I don't like to see someone too much right away. Perhaps that is what it is but she feels bad saying so. I would consider five dates in two weeks a lot so more is not really needed at this point. If she has been on tha t many formal dates she might still be interrested.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireanneh View Post
I don't want to disappoint you, but that is exactly the thing I say to guys when I do not actually want to see them, but I feel bad to openly reject them. Often, after that, I never let them know when I do want to see them and hope that they will not contact me again.
When someone likes you, you are flattered and feel really bad to openly say "I actually do not want to see you, because I am not sure what I want about us/I have a boyfriend/ I do not like you", so postponing the answer is sometimes obvious (although unfair) choice.
It's really not THAT hard to say, "I don't think so, but I really appreciate your asking!"

As you can see from the OP's uncertainty, it's so much nicer than letting the guy twist in the wind for days on end. That's really, really mean.

JJ, the girl has told you she wants to go slow. I would stick with the date you already have scheduled.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:21 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post
So, she just waits for something better then it doesn't happen and she agreees to hang with me?
Pretty much.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:07 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
You sound kinda smothering.

You already have a date confirmed, yet you want another date before the date? What the hell... ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships