Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:11 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,001,589 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter if he is happy at home or not.

HE IS MARRIED. HE HAS 3 CHILDREN! Stay away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 02:13 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,374,397 times
The last thing I would want is to be involved with someone who sighs about having to take care of his children. Sounds like a real winner to me.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:17 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,731,952 times
You need to fight through those feelings with logic and common sense.

If he's not happy with her, he will not be happy with you either, and it would just be a matter of time before he comes across someone else he "fancies." That "glimmer of hope" you feel, is nothing but a mere illusion conjured up by your own feelings towards this man.

Let it go and do your job.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:18 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I fell for a married man,I would not bother they very rarely leave their wives,it's too costly,it's too damaging and why would you want to cause another woman so much distress.truly think about it.
If he likes you so much he will do a trial separation first,if he has any sort of respect within himself.There is no need to hurt and deceive people who have long loved you and carried your babies.

The fact that you even mention how he's tired of his children says a lot about your priorities, and if he was to ever leave her for you what sort of terrible influence would you be on them that you didn't even think about their hurt or feelings.

I know it's very hard when there is lots of spark and gazing between you and it's quite hard to put them out of your mind,but really affairs are very damaging,some women waste years of their life on men who are married and never leave.Then they never find someone who could give them everything.
This. And very good advice from someone who's experienced the same feelings.

As stated, many men rarely leave their wives for a mistress. Sometimes the complaining is just venting and letting off steam. Being a parent and spouse comes with stress and troubles. But just because you vent sometimes doesn't mean you don't want your family. And sometimes any affairs people have isn't because they're looking for someone new to replace their spouse, so much as it's a fun fantasy and break. Fun w/o the drama of family life. After a quick fix, they go right back home to their family where they genuinely wanna be.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I started a job 3 months ago the same time as a male colleague who is a few years older than me. Over time we have chatted and I have found myself attracted to him. I get from his body language that he likes me too. He gazes at me when he talks or he will come over to me and talk nonsense just so he can speak to me. The problem is he is married with 3 children.

I have to shut my feelings off for him and act as though they don't exist. He makes things awkward as I will walk in the office and I catch him staring at me or he will go in to the kitchen when I go. I don't think he is happy at home as he moans about his children and how much they cost and he sighs at how he has the children on his own at weekends as his wife works shifts. Today I got flustered as he came near me, I know I cannot involved but how can I deal with this knowing he fancies me too.
Focus on finding someone who is actually available.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:23 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Is anyone being reminded of Morello from Orange is the New Black?

Old 03-03-2017, 02:24 PM

Sombody who squawks about how tired they are of their kids to work randos seems like a real prize.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:30 PM

1,261 posts, read 972,900 times
Don't go screwing around with married folks. I fell in love with a married woman and what a heart wrenching mistake. Took me a year to recover. It doesn't matter how bad it is at home, they very rarely leave the spouse.

I had to read this article almost everyday for a month to start to move on.

I Love A Married Woman | Love-Life Learning Center

Old 03-03-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Don't go screwing around with married folks. I fell in love with a married woman and what a heart wrenching mistake. Took me a year to recover. It doesn't matter how bad it is at home, they very rarely leave the spouse.
And why would you WANT to build a relationship with someone who is vividly and demonstrably untrustworthy?

Old 03-03-2017, 02:41 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
And why would you WANT to build a relationship with someone who is vividly and demonstrably untrustworthy?
We do have to keep in mind that the OP is an unreliable narrator. It may be that nowhere but in her head is this guy trashing his family and pining for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships