Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:21 PM

295 posts, read 205,490 times

Advertisements

I started a job 3 months ago the same time as a male colleague who is a few years older than me. Over time we have chatted and I have found myself attracted to him. I get from his body language that he likes me too. He gazes at me when he talks or he will come over to me and talk nonsense just so he can speak to me. The problem is he is married with 3 children.

I have to shut my feelings off for him and act as though they don't exist. He makes things awkward as I will walk in the office and I catch him staring at me or he will go in to the kitchen when I go. I don't think he is happy at home as he moans about his children and how much they cost and he sighs at how he has the children on his own at weekends as his wife works shifts. Today I got flustered as he came near me, I know I cannot involved but how can I deal with this knowing he fancies me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 01:27 PM

61,963 posts, read 87,594,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I started a job 3 months ago the same time as a male colleague who is a few years older than me. Over time we have chatted and I have found myself attracted to him. I get from his body language that he likes me too. He gazes at me when he talks or he will come over to me and talk nonsense just so he can speak to me. The problem is he is married with 3 children.

I have to shut my feelings off for him and act as though they don't exist. He makes things awkward as I will walk in the office and I catch him staring at me or he will go in to the kitchen when I go. I don't think he is happy at home as he moans about his children and how much they cost and he sighs at how he has the children on his own at weekends as his wife works shifts. Today I got flustered as he came near me, I know I cannot involved but how can I deal with this knowing he fancies me too.
He is married - stay away from him! What are you hoping for? He is a tease, and a flirt, and most likely a cheater too.
His happiness at home is not your concern. Don't be a marriage breaker...

Old 03-03-2017, 01:27 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,987,098 times
Quote:

Don't throw him a rope or he will drag you down in the same quick sand.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:30 PM

130,856 posts, read 12,216,978 times
steer clear, look for a boyfriend that is available to you.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:31 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,984,127 times
I would say, bite the bullet, and say, loudly and clearly, in front of other people, "Sir, I like and respect you as a colleague but not in any other way. You are married and you are making me feel very uncomfortable right now."

Then I would walk away and go back to work as though what you just did was a normal thing and you just expected him to stop whatever it is that is making you uncomfortable.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:37 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,271,542 times
Wow. You seem to think a lot of guys are attracted to you. Lol.

Is this the same guy from another thread or the many others?

OBVIOUSLY stay away from him.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:38 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,461,365 times
Quote:
how can I deal with this knowing he fancies me too.
Most people have a marquee in their minds that displays a blinking "Off Limits", and they obey.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:39 PM

1,158 posts, read 965,883 times
He will be unhappy with you too -- because if he leaves his wife and kids he will have to pay a ton of child support for 3 kids, maybe alimony depending on how long he has been with his wife and what state you live in, and lose half or more of whatever he owns....

So unless you want to end up supporting this guy and all the drama that goes with his situation I would leave married men alone. Not worth the trouble. Find someone single who has something to offer you. Cheating is a serious character flaw.

Just picture him moving in with you, you paying most of the living expenses and having to take care of his three kids while his wife is working. Oh and don't forget you will have to deal with a very angry ex wife for at least 18 years. Reality should cure you of any romantic attraction YOU have for this married man.

Last edited by Angie682; 03-03-2017 at 02:04 PM..

Old 03-03-2017, 01:40 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,007,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I would say, bite the bullet, and say, loudly and clearly, in front of other people, "Sir, I like and respect you as a colleague but not in any other way. You are married and you are making me feel very uncomfortable right now."

Then I would walk away and go back to work as though what you just did was a normal thing and you just expected him to stop whatever it is that is making you uncomfortable.
That would a horrible thing to do! Doesn't sound like he's done anything to warrant being shamed for at work in front of everyone. She could ruin his reputation over something imagined.
She could say it to him privately..... and accomplish the same thing... if she wants to.
I don't see where he's hit on her or or asked her out. Being friendly and flirty is not cheating.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:08 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,341,448 times
I fell for a married man,I would not bother they very rarely leave their wives,it's too costly,it's too damaging and why would you want to cause another woman so much distress.truly think about it.
If he likes you so much he will do a trial separation first,if he has any sort of respect within himself.There is no need to hurt and deceive people who have long loved you and carried your babies.

The fact that you even mention how he's tired of his children says a lot about your priorities, and if he was to ever leave her for you what sort of terrible influence would you be on them that you didn't even think about their hurt or feelings.

I know it's very hard when there is lots of spark and gazing between you and it's quite hard to put them out of your mind,but really affairs are very damaging,some women waste years of their life on men who are married and never leave.Then they never find someone who could give them everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships