Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:41 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,778,577 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been together almost 12 years and married for almost 3 years. We're both 31.

Naturally, the sex has waxed and waned over time. For the most part, we've been doing it once or twice (maybe even 3 times) a week for years.

But something amazing happened a few days ago. Not only did she and I have sex for FOUR consecutive days -- I can't remember the last time that happened -- but it was vigorous and highly passionate. It made me feel like we were 21 again. I haven't seen my wife so into the sex in a while. Normally she's exhausted and slows down after the big O. That didn't happen this time.

I'm trying to pinpoint what -- if anything-- has happened or changed of late that may have made her more eager for sex.

Only four things come to mind:

1. We had a HUGE fight the day before the first session (Make-up sex, anyone?). Maybe this might account for the first session, but I don't see how it would influence the follow-up ones. She'd been somewhat crankier the past few weeks and I'm wondering whether she channeled that energy into the sex.

2. I have been going to the gym more lately. I always invite her to come along, but she hates exercise and would prefer to stay home. I'm not sure if spending a little time apart makes her miss me more and thus more interested in intimacy. Or is it the fact that working out/improving myself is sexy? She could be wondering whether other women are looking at me, etc. Or maybe my coming home all sweaty is a turn-on?

3. She said she thinks she's been ovulating in recent days, and I'm not sure if that's a factor. It's not the first time we've done it while she's been ovulating and yet these intense and frequent sessions haven't happened in years.

4. We've been talking more about our exes -- why the relationships with them didn't work out, what we did with them, etc.

When I ask my wife why she thinks things picked up in bed the way they did, she doesn't have an answer. I've also been doing more foreplay to get her engine running and wonder if that may be playing a role.

Ladies, do any of the above -- a huge fight, seeing your man go to the gym, ovulation/period, or learning more about what your partner did with his or her ex -- make you more interested in doing the deed?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Wordsmith12; 03-08-2017 at 06:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 07:14 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,933,974 times
I don't want to be rude, but how are we supposed to know ?

I mean, whatever floats your boat but talking about your sex life with exes seems like libido and/ or relationship suicide.

Stop over analyzing it and just enjoy it while it lasts

Old 03-08-2017, 07:21 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,733,015 times
I don't think any of us can give you a specific answer , especially not for your wife.

Just enjoy it.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:25 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I don't want to be rude, but how are we supposed to know ?

I mean, whatever floats your boat but talking about your sex life with exes seems like libido and/ or relationship suicide.

Stop over analyzing it and just enjoy it while it lasts
I understand no one here will know exactly why this is happening, but I was just wondering whether anyone has been in a situation where one or more of the circumstances I outlined has increased their desire for sex.

I am definitely enjoying it, and that's the whole point. I want to do what I can to keep it going longer.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,740,842 times
Fights can do it.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:34 AM

6,457 posts, read 9,832,766 times
Its probably a combination of all of those things.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:50 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,189,018 times
Around 30 my hormones ramped up - biology's way of getting me pregnant methinks.

I think there is a big surge in fertility around 30 I heard.

I'm extremely sexual when my period is due. Sex is like 100xs better and my desire for it is insane. That's weird because I'm not ovulation fertile at that time.

I blame hormones.

As far as your gym thing - I get more sexual when *I* weight train a lot and re-amp my cardio. I don't care what you are doing, unless your gym stuff is putting you in a better mood I find sexy.

When I'm in a good mood overall I want it more.

Still...hormones.

Hoped this helped.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:54 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,980,010 times
No real idea of course but it sounds at least partially hormonally influenced to me - at least the 'wanting' sex, not necessarily the 'act of doing it'.

I think many women are accused (we may even tell ourselves this) of not wanting sex (particularly at your age when life is fast and furious and you are often probably exhausted) when the fact is many may indeed 'want' sex, they just are too tired emotionally and physically to 'seek it'.

But, a combination of a bit of hormonal influence, a day that perhaps was not 'too harried', and a guy who may deliberately or inadvertently just give some small gesture of affection at just that right moment, and she suddenly finds the ambition to engage and then enjoys it - and it bolsters her energy and .. she remembers how it can do that .. and if the stars stay aligned, there could be a renewed burst of passion for at least a few days.

It probably won't last and you may not even find it repeated exactly like that regularly, but, you both now have the memories of a short passionate burst that you can possibly use to bring back enough of the spark if you talk about it that could bring you both to engage in other moments like this over time.

(P.S. I also agree with magpiehere - I think the age thing has a lot to do with it .. the reason for the hormonal influence may be that indeed it is a time when the body itself thinks it is an ideal time for conception.)

Old 03-08-2017, 07:54 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,825,290 times
Sometimes it is best not to to question the "why," rather enjoy the ride.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:55 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
OP: No one here could possibly give you any sort of guess because things are different for every individual.
You could however show your wife this thread where you are asking strangers about your intimate times with your wife
and see if anything changes again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships