Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 PM

169 posts, read 134,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by br242 View Post
1. it was like 2.5-3 months, but we hung out/talked more than my last long relationship. So, it was pretty intimate.

2. The toxic tendancies was that I was just allowing people to come and go as they please, define the relationship how they wanted, etc.

For example, I'd have women who were initiating most of the texting, phone calling, and talks of dating, but were blantantly using me for attention either by not making time for me or avoiding the physical side of things.

What made them toxic, was that they would blame it on me. If i called them out on it, they would blame it on me not being as needy as most guys, or not texting them enough so they didnt think they liked them, and some of the stuff they were using to as reasons to blame me were pretty hurtful.

honestly it was the same with all the situations. I would mention my concerns, it would be ignored, then i would be more direct. They would be dramatic act like they were really hurt and say it was on me. I would ignore, they would blow me up again and "win me over". we would do w/e i complained about, then same behavior re-occured then repeat.

When i finally ended things, I ended them ok initially. However, they would throw on the dramatics and talk about how heart broken/hurt/etc they were . I would try to talk things out, but the toxic blaming of me re-occured , but this time it subtley cruel/mean things about me, while playing dumb and innocent about their behavior. like blatantly acting childish and pretending they didnt understand.

This is normally when i would tell them off quite rudely as i had gotten sick of them subtley tearing into me or blaming me
Oh you're a guy. You seem too emotional for a guy. Well, unfortunately women on your age range are still shockingly dramatic. I think the social media age is to blame for this. Everything is just accessible online. People on their freaking smartphones, laptop, tablet every freaking second.

I honestly feel people spend most of their time online, like me. But at least I have the common sense to know the difference between virtual and reality.

Maybe also coz I have brain, lol, joke, I'm in my 40s. Maybe seek older women? I don't think you have chance with dramatic women in your age range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 05:43 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailene View Post
Oh you're a guy. You seem too emotional for a guy. Well, unfortunately women on your age range are still shockingly dramatic. I think the social media age is to blame for this. Everything is just accessible online. People on their freaking smartphones, laptop, tablet every freaking second.

I honestly feel people spend most of their time online, like me. But at least I have the common sense to know the difference between virtual and reality.

Maybe also coz I have brain, lol, joke, I'm in my 40s. Maybe seek older women? I don't think you have chance with dramatic women in your age range.
I'm sure there are some nondramatic women out there in his age range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships