Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 05:53 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,918,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
How in the almighty heck did you get that from her post?

He got that, because that's the way he wants to steer the conversation. There's an agenda, we just have to keep pulling teeth, that's all.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,039,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urelle View Post
For as long as I remember, I've always heard that it's not good to date players (or cads, as they used to be called). But why is it considered bad? What's wrong with players?
Because you get played, duh.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:24 PM

15,146 posts, read 10,216,735 times
Quote:
For as long as I remember, I've always heard that it's not good to date players (or cads, as they used to be called). But why is it considered bad? What's wrong with players?
In dating, I think it is important to have honest communications and setting expectations (boundaries). With a player, you get neither. To them it is a game rather than genuine interest.. often people get hurt in the process.

While many think players are men, I've run into a few females that do the same.... I'd suggest men stay clear of them as well...

Old 03-12-2017, 08:51 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,450,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
For the same reason it's considered a bad idea to invest money with an embezzler. How can this even be a question?
No question is off the the table here in wonderful cd-data-land.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:01 PM

641 posts, read 408,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
A player of either sex seems to be someone who prefers sex to romantic involvement. Female players are often regarded by their female peers as promiscuous, while male players are celebrated by their male peers. From that, it seems that the attitude of non-player females is motivated, at least partially, that promiscuity on the part of other women will reduce the size of the population of "eligible" males for them. By the same token, the attitude of non-player males, could well be based on the motivation of enlarging the population of player females (over which they may lack the "skills" to do so, themselves).
A male 'player' may be celebrated if he's getting a lot of women because it takes smarts and effort, confidence and all that kind of thing for a man to be able to do that. A female player doesn't need to do anything other than say yes, so there's nothing really achieved.

In reality I think 'player' culture in males is bad for non-player males because it's a small percentage of men getting a lot of women which in turn reduces the odds for them.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:38 PM

473 posts, read 309,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
A female player doesn't need to do anything other than say yes, so there's nothing really achieved.

No, that is the other word how the "yes-girls" are called

Some women do play games which is the same cold emotionally using what these men are doing.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:52 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,133,695 times
Quote:
Isn't that obvious??

if you knowingly date a player and get hurt, it is your own fault.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:38 PM

169 posts, read 135,443 times
Quote:
OP, if you don't think it's wrong ang wondering why it's bad to date players, then you must reborn. Because you need help in life in general like ASAP.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:08 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,162,634 times
Being a player is actually quite fun. I hope women continue dating us! The success of the hunt and the ability to have the variety of options that one desires is pretty exhilarating. It's quite addicting. I'm taking a break to focus on other endeavors but once things are settled I'll definitely be back at it. :-)

Old 03-13-2017, 04:25 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,046,593 times
How do players play?
All day,everyday.
Don't hate the player
Hate the game......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships