Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 04:48 PM

1,261 posts, read 978,984 times

Advertisements

I'm not a player, I just crush a lot...

Old 03-13-2017, 06:30 PM

48,716 posts, read 35,244,274 times
A player "plays" you. He manipulates you for his own desires.

If you both just want a casual, NSA thing then there is no "playing" occurring.

Most players, play for sex. Why aren't women players? BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO PLAY A GUY FOR SEX.

You just walk up and tell him you would like to have sex.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-13-2017, 06:45 PM

7,009 posts, read 4,017,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Is a "player" someone who cheats, or is it someone who won't settle down or take a relationship seriously?
It can be both. Usually someone who has an "official" SO and then a few side dishes for when they get bored or overwhelmed by their "real" relationship.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:09 AM

473 posts, read 309,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
It can be both. Usually someone who has an "official" SO and then a few side dishes for when they get bored or overwhelmed by their "real" relationship.
Indeed. I think this is well said:

Quote:
"Just as they eventually tire of each game piece—be it a long-term girlfriend, casual lover or spouse—psychopaths also tire of each kind of game. Even promiscuous sex gets boring for them. Which is why they often feel the need to engage in acts of physical violence for additional thrills. However, their boredom is only temporarily relieved by each new addiction, transgression and act of depravity.
https://psychopathyawareness.wordpre...hs-as-players/
When he does not have any thoughts, sympathy no care what kind of impacts his actions has for women.. That actually makes him a psychopath, not only narcissist.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:13 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,305,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
When he does not have any thoughts, sympathy no care what kind of impacts his actions has for women.. That actually makes him a psychopath, not only narcissist.
Let's be clear, though ... while they can share some of the same traits, despite what that blog writer says not ALL players are psychopaths.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Let's be clear, though ... while they can share some of the same traits, despite what that blog writer says not ALL players are psychopaths.
Lets make a difference what is in the blog and what is my own comment. Blog text with a link is inside a quote in my earlier post. What you quoted is my opinion.

Then about are (all) players psychopaths or not? Since a player is a user, a person which plays headgames on your head just to get sex I would say all players are psychopaths.

Now lets make a difference between those men (and women) who are not playing to get sex but they are having open one night stands etc. They don't even fit inside the players definition.

Back to connections between psychopaths, players and mental health.

Quote:
We think of psychopaths as killers, alien, outside society. But, says the scientist who has spent his life studying them, you could have one for a colleague, a friend – or a spouse

Psychopaths: how can you spot one? - Telegraph
As it says not all psychopaths are in a level of criminals

Quote:
Men who behave like promiscuous playboys or feel powerful over women are more likely to have mental health problems than men with less sexist attitudes
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ayboy-misogyny
That is very clear and what a player actually does? He is actually very sexist behind his game, looks nice on the surface but the truth is he is sexist and uses a woman as an object to fullfill his own needs.

Quote:
The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are:
  • glib and superficial charm
  • grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
  • need for stimulation
  • pathological lying
  • cunning and manipulativeness
  • lack of remorse or guilt
  • shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
  • callousness and lack of empathy
  • parasitic lifestyle
  • poor behavioral controls
  • sexual promiscuity
  • early behavior problems
  • lack of realistic long-term goals
  • impulsivity
  • irresponsibility
  • failure to accept responsibility for own actions
  • many short-term marital relationships
  • juvenile delinquency
  • revocation of conditional release
  • criminal versatility
http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Hare-Psychopathy-Checklist.html
There is more psychopathic traits which matches a player than those which are not matching.

Quote:
Sociopathic Affairs - Stay away from these people once you know this is what you're dealing with! The most damaged souls amongst us can also be the most charming, however, their lack of remorse (cannot take responsibility) alongside their inability to see, understand or recognize the pain they cause the betrayed (no empathy) is a tell-tale sign you are dealing with an antisocial personality disorder or "sociopath". The purpose of an affair here is simple: "It is always and will always be about me" and you can expect compulsive lies, gross irresponsibility, blame of the betrayed, lots of drama and a confusing absence of "normal" emotion when caught or confronted about their infidelity. Run don't walk!
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ater-maybe-not
I like many things which this writer is saying and he admits to have the cheaters personal experience.

Quote:
Being a licensed clinician gave me more excuses and rationalizations to hide behind. The arrogance of having answers for everyone else allowed me to hide from the truth that if you don't show up and ask for what you want in a relationship, you give up the right to expect having it. I expected a lot and didn't show up by being emotionally absent which set the marriage up to be unfulfilling and fail.https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ater-maybe-not
You can have your own gentle opinion what comes to players. My opinion is that when ever someone is playing on your head, that is not what normal people do. Normal people are not playing on your head. In my book players are psychopaths, in your book, you can choose freely what they are.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:06 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,305,461 times
Quote:
You can have your own gentle opinion what comes to players. My opinion is that when ever someone is playing on your head, that is not what normal people do. Normal people are not playing on your head. In my book players are psychopaths, in your book, you can choose freely what they are.
Your opinion is misinformed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are a huge variety of options between "not normal" and "psychopath."

Players are manipulators, and manipulation takes many forms. Not all manipulation is the same as a personality disorder, and acknowledging that fact does not mean someone gives players the benefit of the doubt.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:05 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,914,439 times
Quote:

Players are manipulators, and manipulation takes many forms. Not all manipulation is the same as a personality disorder, and acknowledging that fact does not mean someone gives players the benefit of the doubt.
Wow! No kidding...there's no 'player's mold' that they all get popped out of! Every guy who exhibits player traits does not share in the list of psychopath traits.

We might as well say all women who get played have the personality disorder of Victim Syndrome. Some women know they're being played and just keep thinking they're going to change the guy.

That's a very large population to (incorrectly) put under the psychopath label.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:

My opinion is not misinformed, it is just something what you cannot accept

Old 03-14-2017, 09:18 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,914,439 times
Quote:
My opinion is not misinformed, it is just something what you cannot accept
I'll accept it as illogical and hyperbolic...indicative of one who takes the time to post a whole thesis as their comment, using quotes to back up an opinion that's reflective of paranoia.
I think those may be indications of a mental illness as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships