Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 10:47 AM

83 posts, read 87,205 times

Advertisements

I'm 22, and my girlfriend is 20. We met in fall 2015 when she joined the college-age church group that I was already a member of. We didn't start dating until almost a year later. Anyway, we're having a social event at another member's house next Saturday (potluck dinner, games, and such). I was wondering what would happen if I choose not to attend, at the last minute, knowing that my GF will be there. This may be an opportunity for her to get to know other guys. I'm quite surprised she's still with me after 8 months, despite that I'm average-looking. A girl as attractive as her needs an attractive guy, and there are a number of them in the group who are single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 10:52 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,260,681 times
Attractiveness is more than just physical looks. I think you're a fool but each to their own.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,081,351 times
Insecurity is a very unattractive quality.

You already don't go everywhere together, correct? She could choose another guy at any time on any day. So you either trust her and believe that she loves you or you don't.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:01 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,541,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

You already don't go everywhere together, correct? She could choose another guy at any time on any day. So you either trust her and believe that she loves you or you don't.
Absolutely! Why someone would choose to run scared is beyond me. But being old, perhaps I'm just cranky.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:05 AM

83 posts, read 87,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

No, we don't. We both have our own lives. She goes to community college and works part time. I work full time in skilled trades. But yeah, she could choose someone else at any time, and I'm surprised we've been together this long. I guess Saturday's event will be a test to see if she's really into me or not. I won't know much until next Sunday at church, though.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:07 AM

11,817 posts, read 12,068,109 times
Why are you trying to create problems for yourself? Your insecurities will end up driving her away if you don't smarten up.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,081,351 times
Nope. It's not a test. That's your ego setting you up for failure.

Don't you dare call a simple party a test. She's allowed to go, and you are allowed to stay home. Don't let your insecurity ruin things. Be cool.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:09 AM

11,817 posts, read 12,068,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek2017 View Post
No, we don't. We both have our own lives. She goes to community college and works part time. I work full time in skilled trades. But yeah, she could choose someone else at any time, and I'm surprised we've been together this long. I guess Saturday's event will be a test to see if she's really into me or not. I won't know much until next Sunday at church, though.
Testing her and having silent expectations of her. You are well on your way to ruining things, it will be all your fault, and it doesn't sound like you're really mature enough for a relationship. You're working your way to becoming a distant memory as the years pass.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:11 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,260,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why are you trying to create problems for yourself? Your insecurities will end up driving her away if you don't smarten up.
This. ^^^

If you don't want to go to the party, that's fine. But don't shove her at other guys and hope she comes back to you.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:27 AM

102,256 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek2017 View Post
I'm 22, and my girlfriend is 20. We met in fall 2015 when she joined the college-age church group that I was already a member of. We didn't start dating until almost a year later. Anyway, we're having a social event at another member's house next Saturday (potluck dinner, games, and such). I was wondering what would happen if I choose not to attend, at the last minute, knowing that my GF will be there. This may be an opportunity for her to get to know other guys. I'm quite surprised she's still with me after 8 months, despite that I'm average-looking. A girl as attractive as her needs an attractive guy, and there are a number of them in the group who are single.
WTF?! What are you talking about? Don't you like your gf? What makes you think that if you don't show up, she'd pair up with some other guy? That's not how it works. She's already passed the test; it's been almost a year, and she's still with you. That was the test.

Does she know you're trying to throw her away? Maybe you should talk to her about your insecurities.

You need professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships