Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 02:12 PM

5,334 posts, read 6,131,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
It would appear that even 'average' guys (and gals) have standards that they hold those that they date to. I find that ironic. What is 'attractiveness' anyway? Danny Devito married a woman about his height, and a fairly similar level of "attractiveness" and overall personality, and etc., and they were lifelong and inseparable. Lyle Lovett wrestled way out of his weight class with Julia Roberts, and I don't know if they lasted 2 years.

There is someone for everyone, but only if you are honest with yourself about what you can expect. I used to have a 'Danny Devito' and a 'Rhea Pearlman' in our circle of friends. We tried like hell to get the two of them together to no avail. She had a total crush on a 'Fabio' look-alike, and he (because he had some wealth) would date any young hottie that would give him the time of day, but they always left him for dead after a short while. So sad.

'Danny' and 'Rhea' were right there on the same campus, day after day. Lovely people, both of them. But they couldn't see each other. Because they were so repulsed by their own (to them) 'averageness' they couldn't find it attractive in anyone else.
That's kind of patronizing to say well here's another ugly person just like like you so you should both go out..

I'm kinda unattractive but I still have eyes and wouldn't date a women I think is unattractive just because she's in my "league" looks wise

I'd rather be alone then with someone I find unattractive physically which will probably be the case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships