Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 02:49 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,824,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
It is his business because he cares about his sister. And it may very well become MORE his business down the road.

Of course he cares. Doesn't make it automatically his place to come to conclusions about her relationship though.

Nobody wants to see their sibling hurt. However the OP is trying to "protect" a grown woman by nosing into her relationship, which he will never really fully understand because he's not in it.

He can be nosey and give her advice, but unless she asks for it, he's likely getting in the way of her living her own life and learning her own lessons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 02:51 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,981,165 times
How would you know all this OP?

Why would you care about your sister's sex life?! *shutters*

You really need to get a life and stop stalking your sister.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:52 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,798 times
I don't have a brother so maybe I've got this all wrong, but does a man need to know anything about his sister's sex life?

Old 03-14-2017, 02:56 PM

52,375 posts, read 52,836,239 times
Part new love, part folly of youth, and probably a touch of too much social media. A lot of people are getting addicted to this stuff, same goes with places like CD. IDK, I agree with you she's tweeting too much, trying to give ol' Cheeto a run for the money I suspect.

On a serious note she's a grown up she's in charge of her life, the best you can do is try to be a good sibling and be there for her. I'd avoid nagging her about it, if she asks your opinion try and be honest, but not lecturing.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:53 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,029,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntaylorny View Post
My sister has been dating this guy for 3 months. She's head over heals. Not sure about the guy. Looking for insight and opinions here.

She is on social media (FB, Twitter) posting tons of photos of her and her bf. She is also posting to twitter every 3 minutes. The twitter posts are all re-tweets of relationship advice. He is very active on social media too, but not one mention of my sister (his gf). Just chatting with is friends, liking other girls, and sports.

My sister has been single for a while and is in lala land about a guy paying attention to her. They see each other daily and go out on dates every fri and sat night. But I don't think he's as serious about her and would hate to see her broken hearted.

Does anyone think that her posting relationship advise on Twitter every 30 seconds is not a good thing? I'm thinking that she knows he reads her posts and she is trying to subliminally tell him how to act. Kind of like she is not secure in the relationship. Furthermore, would his blatant non-mentioning of her on social media mean anything?

They are both in their early 20s and she said in 3 months he has not mentioned sex yet.

Just looking for opinions.
Opinion? I would tell her she is nuts and then block her on social media.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:04 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,515,194 times
She really should settle down with the social media crap (in general, but specifically with the relationship stuff). Sounds like she's moving pretty fast.

He may not be that into her or just may not be really demonstrative... or maybe he's not exclusive.

You can counsel her if you think it will be taken well- only you know what kind of relationship you two have. But it's really all about her and it's her choice how to move forward.

It's nice that you're concerned about her.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:51 PM

11,402 posts, read 24,495,866 times
Take them out to dinner so you can meet the guy. Be pleasant but neutral.

That's about the most you can do.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:55 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,343,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
It is his business because he cares about his sister. And it may very well become MORE his business down the road.

That said, there's really not much you can do, but you could try to talk to her about the excessive tweeting, and all the relationship stuff on facebook...telling her as a guy, who knows guys.
Actually it is not his business what his 20+ year old sister does in her life with her relationships.
Being siblings does not give you instant admittance into their personal lives.

OP: Stay out of this situation and do not voice an opinion even if asked. In the end if it all goes bad she will blame you for *your advice and intruding on her personal life*.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,939,325 times
Be there for her and encourage her. Sad to say guys with options don't flaunt their relations.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:16 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,059,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually it is not his business what his 20+ year old sister does in her life with her relationships.
Being siblings does not give you instant admittance into their personal lives.

OP: Stay out of this situation and do not voice an opinion even if asked. In the end if it all goes bad she will blame you for *your advice and intruding on her personal life*.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. If they've talked (and apparently they have, since he knows they haven't had sex) than she's brought him into this.

Obviously, he can't MAKE her do anything, but he cares about his sister, so sure, why not offer her some advice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships