Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:17 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,524,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexia17 View Post
I could not stand his erratic behavior no more.
I was also very indecisive whether I wanted to go out on friday with him or not!!
I decided to go, I got ready,dressed up,put some makeup.
I, wanted to see what he was going to answer
I got angry so I took my clothes off and put my pajama back on. Then I text him ”you know what forget it, don’t come, stop wasting my time, you are late”.
If anyone has erratic behavior, it's you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 03:19 PM

133 posts, read 91,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yap. You are weird. OP. Isn't he attending his graduation? I also don't get the - he would go back to the states - statement. So you live in another country?

Well if you really think he will leave for another country then yeah there is no hope for this relationship.

And it is both your fault coz you're both weirdos. And selfish.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:33 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,133,695 times
Quote:

- he messaged me on past Thursday saying that on Friday he was coming early here to town

- So I replied ”OK you text me”.

- So on Friday, at 11:26 AM, he text me saying ”I’m here”, then he called me and says: I’m here in the town, I just arrived, are you ready?

- I said ”no am not ready I need time” and he said ”OK in half an hour then"
- I said OK and hung up.

- The point is that 15 minutes after he called me and we had spoken, I text him saying ”we should see each other better in the evening

- Then I text him ”you know what forget it, don’t come, stop wasting my time, you are late”.
Understand now why you don't get sympathy from anybody?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:28 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,362,494 times
Bad communication all the way around. I put it down to texts instead of actually talking to the guy and finding out what was going on - or letting him know how you felt about seeing him. Texts are not a good way to carry on a relationship, I don't care what people feel to the contrary. Everyone wants to be quick, use less words, etc., when texting, and not enough gets understood, especially when it's subtle things like you have going on.

Aside from that, however, when you did talk to him, you didn't agree to see him after all. What was up with that? After you'd been waiting all morning?

I think you'd better start all over with someone else.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:47 PM

14 posts, read 9,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Bad communication all the way around. I put it down to texts instead of actually talking to the guy and finding out what was going on - or letting him know how you felt about seeing him. Texts are not a good way to carry on a relationship, I don't care what people feel to the contrary. Everyone wants to be quick, use less words, etc., when texting, and not enough gets understood, especially when it's subtle things like you have going on.

Aside from that, however, when you did talk to him, you didn't agree to see him after all. What was up with that? After you'd been waiting all morning?

I think you'd better start all over with someone else.

When he arrived here in town where I live and where he was going to graduate, he text me saying ''im here'' and immediately after that text he called me at 11:26 am (he was supposed to come at 10 am) I guess traffic was rough) and said'' hey I'm here, I just enter the town'' are you ready or do you need more time'' and I replied'' im not ready and I need more time'' and he said'' Ok, Then in half an hour or so, and I replied ''OK'' and I immediately hanged up. since I was so indecisive in the first place whether to go with him or not, after he called I just made up my mind and decided to go, so I got ready,put my clothes on and some makeup, it was already 12:05 PM, and I decided to text him to see his reaction whether it was fine or not saying:we should see eachother better in the evening''. I think this is what triggered him, to act how he did. He perhaps misread the message.

And after that text message time kept passing by and I never heard of him anymore, so eventually I got mad and texted him :”you know what forget it, don’t come, stop wasting my time, you are late”. and that was the end.

Do you still think that he was right to get angry and act how he did?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:50 PM

14 posts, read 9,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Please read carefully!!!

When he arrived here in town where I live and where he was going to graduate, he text me saying ''im here'' and immediately after that text he called me at 11:26 am (he was supposed to come at 10 am) I guess traffic was rough) and said'' hey I'm here, I just enter the town'' are you ready or do you need more time'' and I replied'' im not ready and I need more time'' and he said'' Ok, Then in half an hour or so, and I replied ''OK'' and I immediately hanged up. since I was so indecisive in the first place whether to go with him or not, after he called I just made up my mind and decided to go, so I got ready,put my clothes on and some makeup, it was already 12:05 PM, and I decided to text him to see his reaction whether it was fine or not saying:we should see eachother better in the evening''. I think this is what triggered him, to act how he did. He perhaps misread the message.

And after that text message time kept passing by and I never heard of him anymore, so eventually I got mad and texted him :”you know what forget it, don’t come, stop wasting my time, you are late”. and that was the end.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:21 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,332,754 times
You can repeat this story as many times as you want, but nothing changes the simple fact you were rude as well. VERY rude and inconsiderate.

You are making this situation all about you when he's there for his graduation! It's supposed to be a day where he can be proud of his accomplishments and enjoy the support of his loved ones.

Instead he got treated to a childish fight with a woman who SHOULD be old enough to know better.

You should have been ready the moment he called you.
You should have been more forgiving.
You should have given him the benefit of the doubt. Instead you threw a hissy fit because things didn't go the way YOU thought they should when, in fact, you didn't really even know how you wanted them to go.

You screwed up. Let the guy go and do a little more growing up. Put yourself second every once in a while.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 03-15-2017 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: typo :(

Old 03-15-2017, 09:03 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,123,871 times
This sounds like high school drama. You said he was moving "back to the States". Let him go and spend some time on self improvement. It will serve you better for your future.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:29 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,524,267 times
Quote:
since I was so indecisive in the first place whether to go with him or not, after he called I just made up my mind and decided to go
This is all on you.

It was his graduation. You being indecisive about going to his big day told him just how unimportant he is to you.

It's over. Hope he has a nice flight back to the states.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:07 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,133,695 times
Quote:

Do you still think that he was right to get angry and act how he did?
You dont make it any better in describing your childish behavior in detail.

You ruined his graduation. I hope you are happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships