Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 11:56 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,422,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Let's see, for me.

When I'm attracted to the woman outright

I'd feel thrilled and in disbelief as well. I'll have a large combination of feelings, I'd often implode with excitement.

Now, when I'm not attracted to the woman outright...

I feel a little more hesitant...(until attraction develops)

In the end, I think I prefer the woman I'm not immediately attracted to as long as she is very kind hearted. if I was attracted to her outright, there'd be the infatuation factor, and I don't think I like being infatuated. Infatuation kills love. I can more easily love (unselfishly) the woman who I find more reasonable. Infatuation makes me want something from her.

I know it does not make sense, but I am a screwed up individual
Couldn't you have both infatuation and love?

I don't think you necessarily need to have one or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 12:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Couldn't you have both infatuation and love?

I don't think you necessarily need to have one or the other.
In my experience, it is rare. infatuation seems to drown out love, especially at the beginning. I'd rather start off rather level and as we go along, then the infatuation grows.

But as I said, I'm kinda messed up when it comes to infatuation. If I didn't have any initial infatuation, but love grows, that would be fine, with a little bit of infatuation so I don't stray.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,334,826 times
I feel flattered when a woman is interested in me. Even if you aren't attracted to said woman it feels awesome to know someone of the opposite sex finds you attractive.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:18 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,422,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
In my experience, it is rare. infatuation seems to drown out love, especially at the beginning. I'd rather start off rather level and as we go along, then the infatuation grows.

But as I said, I'm kinda messed up when it comes to infatuation. If I didn't have any initial infatuation, but love grows, that would be fine, with a little bit of infatuation so I don't stray.
In my small experience, the best potential relationships have definitely started out with at least a little bit of infatuation. If there has been no infatuation of any kind, it usually has not led to anything.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:29 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,489,282 times
I really can't answer from first hand experience OP, but for all the good ways it can feel (if you also like the woman in question) it can be annoying and creepy if you aren't into the woman at all.

Case in point, a male friend of mine from college had a girl who was really into him. Obsessive into him. Creepy into him. He would try to hide from her, but practically stalked him by just somehow showing up where he was. I mean she was bunny boiling crazy! Of course he slept with her and things got worse. Eventually he just transferred to another school.

So there is a dark side to it all too.

But I hope someday you get to experience the good side of things too with a woman you are really into too. Good luck to you!

Old 03-24-2017, 03:53 PM

1,261 posts, read 976,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I really can't answer from first hand experience OP, but for all the good ways it can feel (if you also like the woman in question) it can be annoying and creepy if you aren't into the woman at all.

Case in point, a male friend of mine from college had a girl who was really into him. Obsessive into him. Creepy into him. He would try to hide from her, but practically stalked him by just somehow showing up where he was. I mean she was bunny boiling crazy! Of course he slept with her and things got worse. Eventually he just transferred to another school.

So there is a dark side to it all too.

But I hope someday you get to experience the good side of things too with a woman you are really into too. Good luck to you!
I bet the sex was terrific!

Old 03-24-2017, 04:33 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,489,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
I bet the sex was terrific!
At the price it cost, I sure hope so! Lol

Old 03-24-2017, 04:43 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,414,309 times
Flattering.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:31 PM

728 posts, read 474,116 times
Let me know the answer when it happens.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:09 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,114,021 times
First response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVceoX-pX0I

Fortunately this is hypothetical. My fondness for this band and habit of wearing their T-shirts in public will mean I don't have to deal with it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships