Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 02:41 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,018,559 times

Advertisements

So, did he actually come on to her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 02:50 PM

28 posts, read 13,505 times
I dont think so. What I think happened was my wife took my feelings about the games and pranks they were doing as not appropriate and told him to stop. Then the second time, I think he was trying to talk to her about how she looked or something to that effect and stopped it. He doesnt look at her the same when he came over last weekend, and my wife barely talks to him unless they are either about to go to work or after.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,103,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroadtraveledoften View Post
I dont think so. What I think happened was my wife took my feelings about the games and pranks they were doing as not appropriate and told him to stop. Then the second time, I think he was trying to talk to her about how she looked or something to that effect and stopped it. He doesnt look at her the same when he came over last weekend, and my wife barely talks to him unless they are either about to go to work or after.
It sounds like you've done all you can do with THEM.

It's really up to her to maintain those boundaries, so the only thing left for you to work on now is taking a look at how much of this is legitimately inappropriate behavior on their part and how much of it is your anxiety at work.

Try to be as level-headed about it as you can, and keep working on showing your wife how much you care about her on a daily basis. Hopefully she does the same for you.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,065,438 times
To me, it sounds like both of them aren't respecting the relationship. The friend obviously isn't and would love to have you out of the picture. That's pretty apparent.

But your wife isn't respecting it either. And I think you're right, that some of it is about making you jealous for some reason. Maybe she thinks your jealousy proves your love or something.

I have a really good guy friend at work. I consider him a good friend. But the relationship stays at work, and we respect each other's boundaries, and our mates' boundaries.

My husband knows about this friend...but like I said, it's a friendship that stays at work, because I NEVER EVER want my husband to feel insecure or try to make him jealous. If my husband told me that such a relationship bothered him, I'd be all about trying to establish some boundaries with this friend, and if he can't respect them...then unfriend the guy.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:12 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,038,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
To me, it sounds like both of them aren't respecting the relationship. The friend obviously isn't and would love to have you out of the picture. That's pretty apparent.

But your wife isn't respecting it either. And I think you're right, that some of it is about making you jealous for some reason. Maybe she thinks your jealousy proves your love or something.

I have a really good guy friend at work. I consider him a good friend. But the relationship stays at work, and we respect each other's boundaries, and our mates' boundaries.

My husband knows about this friend...but like I said, it's a friendship that stays at work, because I NEVER EVER want my husband to feel insecure or try to make him jealous. If my husband told me that such a relationship bothered him, I'd be all about trying to establish some boundaries with this friend, and if he can't respect them...then unfriend the guy.

^^^ I second this. And pretty much everything else that was said before.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM

737 posts, read 455,309 times
You can't control the other guy's actions. Only your wife can stop it if she values your marriage.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:44 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,190,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

Yep.

As long as you aren't threatened by everyone on Earth - you have every right to request you, her HUSBAND, to come before this guy friend and request she end the friendship.

When I was young and dumb and faithful/trustworthy, I really didn't believe that my "friends" were really on the move to get close to me romantically (since I wasn't disingenuous like that). Of course now I know better and would honor my husband in this regard, he knows men and smells a rat here.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:44 PM

Thank you for your input. I will try to be as level headed as possible. I have almost completely backed off, just because it was causing too much turmoil. I just sit there hope deep down nothing happens, I truly feel my relationship is the best relationship in the world. This guy I am hoping is just a hiccup and now a full blow mountain in the middle.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
Yep.
better and would honor my husband in this regard, he knows men and smells a rat here.
I do too, but I dont want to have this issue later so I am hoping my wife solves it. I am not going to spend the rest of my life with her feeling the way I do whenever she gets close to somebody that is the opposite sex. I kind of want to see how it pans out. I am 32 and would rather the issues appear now instead of 10 years down the line...

Old 03-28-2017, 03:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,788,650 times
The experts over at marriage builders would say if you want a strong marriage, this friendship has to end. It is an existential threat to the mental time and emotions you save for each other. It doesn't matter what she says, does or feels, there is a third person in your marriage sapping its energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships