Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 08:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
From my limited dating experience it has never worked for me. Sometimes when I've had no other option but to do it, afterwards I think to myself why did I even bother. So dating gods out there, any success stories? Hope is what kills you, but is this 100% true?
Why does this thread sound naughty to me??
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 08:56 AM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
For a lot of people, when you act like you could care less, they suddenly start to care more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No truer words have been spoken.
These women get it!!!!

Old 04-12-2017, 10:14 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
"Putting the ball in her court" has a "neither here nor there" feel to it.

Just think about when you "put the ball in her court". When you asked a woman on a date, and waiting for her answer, right? In which case, if she's interested, she wouldn't need the ball in her court; she'll gladly go to your court to get the ball (read: will agree to see you). If she's not interested, she doesn't care about the ball to begin with; she just wants you to walk away and not bother her again.

So if you find yourself "putting the ball in her court", save yourself the wandering and look for a more willing taker.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:20 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
From my limited dating experience it has never worked for me. Sometimes when I've had no other option but to do it, afterwards I think to myself why did I even bother. So dating gods out there, any success stories? Hope is what kills you, but is this 100% true?
"Worked" to achieve what?

Old 04-12-2017, 04:05 PM

13 posts, read 25,447 times
Yes. I attended her leaving meal. Coincidentally she sat next to me. As it was the last time I was probably going to see her I thought why not and make the most of it. We chatted quite a bit, I definitely enjoyed her company despite other colleagues being present. I learnt considerable more than I had previously known about her, it increased my attraction. The next day I sent her a facebook request, she accepted. A day after that I sent her a message saying it was great talking to her and whenever she was free that I'd invite her out for a drink.

She reciprocated in a very polite manner. Her last sentence being that we "could meet up when she was back". Thing is I didn't ask precisely (a bit weird) when she was leaving to go traveling, all I know was that it would be soon. Shes back and forth traveling from home country so she is not away for a big chunk of time. The sentence she used about meeting up, I don't know how big of an excuse this is as what she is doing aka traveling is legit.

Would it be too hasty to give up on her straight away or should I afford her some time at least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Does this have anything to do with the woman in your other post?

Old 04-12-2017, 04:37 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Yes. I attended her leaving meal. Coincidentally she sat next to me. As it was the last time I was probably going to see her I thought why not and make the most of it. We chatted quite a bit, I definitely enjoyed her company despite other colleagues being present. I learnt considerable more than I had previously known about her, it increased my attraction. The next day I sent her a facebook request, she accepted. A day after that I sent her a message saying it was great talking to her and whenever she was free that I'd invite her out for a drink.

She reciprocated in a very polite manner. Her last sentence being that we "could meet up when she was back". Thing is I didn't ask precisely (a bit weird) when she was leaving to go traveling, all I know was that it would be soon. Shes back and forth traveling from home country so she is not away for a big chunk of time. The sentence she used about meeting up, I don't know how big of an excuse this is as what she is doing aka traveling is legit.

Would it be too hasty to give up on her straight away or should I afford her some time at least?
I think it's great you put yourself out there and showed interest in her. The downside to this is she was polite but vague. Is she not actually travelling for four months, like you first thought?

You don't really know her and she obviously has other things going on, enough to leave her job over. Hard to say how things will go in future but I wouldn't invest too much thought into it or let your attraction grow for someone who is only an acquaintance at best. The timing may not be right but she also may simply not be interested.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:43 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,495,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
"Putting the ball in her court" has a "neither here nor there" feel to it.

Just think about when you "put the ball in her court". When you asked a woman on a date, and waiting for her answer, right? In which case, if she's interested, she wouldn't need the ball in her court; she'll gladly go to your court to get the ball (read: will agree to see you). If she's not interested, she doesn't care about the ball to begin with; she just wants you to walk away and not bother her again.

So if you find yourself "putting the ball in her court", save yourself the wandering and look for a more willing taker.
That's about right. Cut to the chase. I'm not big on suspense myself.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:50 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
It's kind of pointless if things are already struggling to work before you decide to pass the ball.

Giving someone control of the game only matters if they are in the game to win as well.

If you have an interests in something you need to show it if you want any kind of results (good or bad)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships