Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 PM

16 posts, read 9,177 times

Advertisements

wow I had no idea that This forum would make me feel better about the situation.

Butterflyfish thank you so much, I'm looking forward to the future when I'm completely over him and ready to date again.

And ruth4truth I'm tucking your advice into a pocket for my future relationships. He started talking marriage about 8 months into the relationship and at the time I was so excited and in love but in hindsight it was too soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 02:53 PM

761 posts, read 604,079 times
...and just think, if he broke up with you for the other friend he brought around while you were dating, he will soon learn that girl will be off and it will be HIM learning a lesson.

Every time you stand up for what you want you will more easily identify the authentic person when they arrive in your life.

He didn't deserve you.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:23 PM

Thanks tidaldream. It hurts being replaced and it's crazy how much has chanced in two months. The most confusing thing is his unjustified anger toward me though! The breakup sucked but I didn't want the relationship to end with bad feeling or hate towards each other

Old 04-17-2017, 03:29 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
I think contact me as I'm the pick up pieces of broken relationships guy that makes up with hot rebound revenge feel good sex...

Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 PM

761 posts, read 604,079 times
Is it possible when he saw you he acted angry so you wouldn't go near him because he imagined it would conflict with his circle of bozo's he was with, and he wanted you to simply back off?

I can feel your pain though and trust me, this guy is going to trip and fall on his other leg.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:54 AM

I guess that could be a possibility, although when I saw him I didn't try to approach him, I was just walking by and looked up and he was there. I was actually pretty surprised to see him as it was a bar he never goes to! And he's not a particularly resentful or confrontational person, neither am I which is why I smiled at him to let him know there was no hard feelings on my part.

As far as mixed signals go, a friend of mine asked the other day if we had got back together because he also has all of our pictures up on social media still, including the most recent few pictures. Which is weird because he also has the pictures of the other girl up (if they're together now surely she can't be happy that he has pictures of me as some of his profile pics?) and if he hates me for whatever reason and can't even look me in the eye when he sees me, why have pictures popping up of me and him on his social media platforms? It's a strange one

Old 04-18-2017, 09:41 AM

128 posts, read 182,969 times
Sunshine,

It seems that he wants you to have more of a reaction, to show your hurt more, so he can feel he affected you. It's an ego thing. I wonder if he has other narcissistic tendencies..

I want to ask you, how are you able to deal with the breakup so well? Aren't you incredibly heartbroken? How are you just moving on? I ask because I'm going thru something similar. Please share your wisdom lol

Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 AM

Hi augentier, thank you so much for your reply. When I was with him he always acted mature so everything he's doing/the way he is acting is completely out of character. Even the breakup was a surprise as the morning of the breakup I got a cute morning text where he told me he loved me, then that night he broke up because he said he didn't love me? Lol you have no idea how confused I am.

And I'm not sure if I am handling the breakup as good as you're giving me credit for! All I know is I turned into a needy, begging girl after my first ever break up and I regretted it so much afterwards so I told myself I would never be like that again after a breakup. Plus in this breakup I feel a bit hopeless, if he stopped loving me there's nothing I can do or say to make him love me again so I'm just keeping my distance for my own sanity. I just feel like the way he's acting isn't giving me closure because of mixed signals etc.

Do you mind me asking when your breakup happened? The only advice I can give is give it time. I know it's cliche but Life goes on with or without them and there's going to be better people out there for us than ones that couldn't make the effort to stay in our lives. Karma is a great thing too ��

Old 04-18-2017, 12:20 PM

426 posts, read 351,512 times
@ augentier and sunshine1989

I would say it normally takes about a month or a month and a half for people to move on. Sometimes people move on much faster than that and for others it could be much longer.
It's ok to let it out and cry as much as you need to, lay in bed, watch tv, go out. Anything you think that will help with the healing process. Sometimes getting into a new tv show or getting a new hobby is definitely a good distraction. 😄
You could even try going to a museum, travel to another town for a weekend getaway etc.
I know it hurts like hell at first but time heals all wounds.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:48 PM

128 posts, read 182,969 times
Sunshine, it's been about a month since we fought and he decided to end it. We weren't technically in a relationship but we were saying I love you and talkin about making it official. He still sends me weird sexual jokes thru text and stalks my facebook. We only dated for about 5 to 6 months.

Not exactly the same but I can relate. You are doing a good thing by cutting off contact. It really does help you to move forward. Distractions are the best way to move on and also trusting that this was meant to happen..accepting fate or whatever the universe is throwing at you. Trust that this is what was supposed to happen! Much love to you, you will be just fine. Your ex is childish and annoying! Good riddance.

Yourgermanicanish, thank you for supporting those of us going through heartache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships