Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 02:29 PM

926 posts, read 674,671 times

Advertisements

I posted on another thread that asked if a guy would date a woman who had tattoos. I'm thinking of getting a small tatt this summer on my ankle; but, while I was reading the responses from everyone else regarding that topic, it got me to wonder if there would be a guy who wouldn't date me because of my piercings...

[Mod cut: copyrighted]

I have the type of tongue piercing and cute little diamond stud nose piercing that are like the pics above. I also have 3 piercings on both of my ears. I've seen the lip, eyebrow, cheek and chin piercings that some people have, and um, to each their own, but I won't ever get those type of piercings. I'm thinking of getting a belly button piercing this summer along with my ankle tatt, but, I'm still contemplating that one.

Keeping in mind that I realize we each have our own preferences with regard to the physical appearance that we're attracted to in the people we want to date, I'd like to know if any of you would honestly NOT want to date someone just because they have a piercing or two that are clearly visible? I think some people do go overboard with their face piercings...but I'm talking about the kind of piercings I have or if someone were to have one eyebrow piercing and a nose piercing or any combination thereof.

I think piercings can look cute/cool/pretty as long as a person doesn't get too many of them on their face. What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 02:30 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,179,450 times
No, it is a turn-off for me. Seems low class, like a diamond glued to a tooth or a metal grille.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:32 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,734,019 times
I think they're cool and spunky. Make some people look feisty and I like that.

I always wanted a nose, eyebrow, and multiple ear piercings but I'm not good with pain plus it's too late lol. I'd just wear clip ons because certain jobs are funny about piercings anyway.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:37 PM

61,884 posts, read 87,385,514 times
Nope. Tongue - ugly and ghetto.
Nose - if very, very small - maybe, (most likely not), but then why even bother??
I would not date anyone who can't get professional job because of unprofessional look ...

Last edited by elnina; 05-01-2017 at 02:57 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 02:41 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Nipples/belly button/ears F yes

But I'm not overly fond of anywhere else if honest but it's not necessarily a deal breaker

Old 05-01-2017, 02:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
Tongue piercing - nope

On a woman, I would overlook multiple ear piercings but anywhere on the face =

Body piercings in certain places can be a sexy surprise.

Facial piercings on a man seem so 90s to me. Unless you're actually in a band ...

Old 05-01-2017, 02:46 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,465,700 times
Depends how the piercing looks (on the individual) more than the actual idea of piercings in and of themselves for me.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:47 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,428,653 times
Not a problem.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:53 PM

52,325 posts, read 52,791,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I posted on another thread that asked if a guy would date a woman who had tattoos. I'm thinking of getting a small tatt this summer on my ankle; but, while I was reading the responses from everyone else regarding that topic, it got me to wonder if there would be a guy who wouldn't date me because of my piercings...

[Mod cut: copyrighted]

I have the type of tongue piercing and cute little diamond stud nose piercing that are like the pics above. I also have 3 piercings on both of my ears. I've seen the lip, eyebrow, cheek and chin piercings that some people have, and um, to each their own, but I won't ever get those type of piercings. I'm thinking of getting a belly button piercing this summer along with my ankle tatt, but, I'm still contemplating that one.

Keeping in mind that I realize we each have our own preferences with regard to the physical appearance that we're attracted to in the people we want to date, I'd like to know if any of you would honestly NOT want to date someone just because they have a piercing or two that are clearly visible? I think some people do go overboard with their face piercings...but I'm talking about the kind of piercings I have or if someone were to have one eyebrow piercing and a nose piercing or any combination thereof.

I think piercings can look cute/cool/pretty as long as a person doesn't get too many of them on their face. What do you all think?
A small-ish tasteful tat is fine with me. I start to get a bit spooked on the piercing front. The ears are fine, just one in each is more where I lean. I think even a small tasteful nose ring is ok. I think tongue piercing are beyond silly, but whatever, just my humble opinion. I find the ear plugs to be repulsive as well.

I tend to be sort of a middle of the road guy, you start getting those weird implants under your skin, not sure what they are called but they make you look like some kind of character you'd see on Star Trek then I'm definitely tapping out on that crap. LOL.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:00 PM

926 posts, read 674,671 times
My apologies to the Mods for using those images of the piercings........I didn't realize they were copyrighted images.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships