Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 12:22 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPatience View Post
My husband sexted her again last night. June 5th I told him not to cross anymore lines or our marriage would be over. He knew the risks but chose to go ahead. Obviously our marriage and me mean nothing to him. I'm done.

I have the strength to stay until I finish my course, then I will leave. I deserve a better life than this.
Well, I guess sexting her is super important to him. That's a shame.

Stick to your guns, OP. You do deserve better. Best of luck to you for a happier future.

Edit: He must not realize you know about the texts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 12:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
My husband sexted her again last night. June 5th I told him not to cross anymore lines or our marriage would be over. He knew the risks but chose to go ahead. Obviously our marriage and me mean nothing to him. I'm done.

I have the strength to stay until I finish my course, then I will leave. I deserve a better life than this.
He's astoundingly selfish.

Good luck, OP. Keep us posted if you want. You'll need support to disentangle yourself from this dolt.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:38 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Please know I am NOT defending the behavior and actions of ZeroPatience's husband. At all.

I have never been a hottie, but there have been women who have pursued me from time to time, even once or twice when I was happily married.

I understand the excitement, the ego-boost, and so on.

What I cannot understand is how or why a person would encourage or foster these feelings with another person, secretly hide an ongoing encounter like this, even if it never became physical.

I could not bear the thought of the look of hurt in the eyes of someone I loved if I were to become interested in or involved with another person, even if it was "just" sexting.

It's never happened that I strayed from someone I was in a relationship with, but I always thought if I fell for someone somehow, I would at least have the stones to tell my SO what was happening and what my feelings were.

ZeroPatience, I hope this episode in your life doesn't make you feel bad about yourself. It says nothing about your worth as a human being or a mate, and so much about the weak will and shadiness of your husband.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:44 PM

55 posts, read 125,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Edit: He must not realize you know about the texts.
I never told him I knew about the texts. I thought I'd save that tidbit in case he texted her again after the confrontation on June 5. When this course is done and I leave, I plan to tell him I knew everything all along. I allowed him a second chance and he blew it.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:53 PM

55 posts, read 125,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Please know I am NOT defending the behavior and actions of ZeroPatience's husband. At all.

I have never been a hottie, but there have been women who have pursued me from time to time, even once or twice when I was happily married.

I understand the excitement, the ego-boost, and so on.

What I cannot understand is how or why a person would encourage or foster these feelings with another person, secretly hide an ongoing encounter like this, even if it never became physical.

I could not bear the thought of the look of hurt in the eyes of someone I loved if I were to become interested in or involved with another person, even if it was "just" sexting.

It's never happened that I strayed from someone I was in a relationship with, but I always thought if I fell for someone somehow, I would at least have the stones to tell my SO what was happening and what my feelings were.

ZeroPatience, I hope this episode in your life doesn't make you feel bad about yourself. It says nothing about your worth as a human being or a mate, and so much about the weak will and shadiness of your husband.
I get the ego-boost, especially if you're middle aged and some young thang is flirting back with you. But this has been going on for years.

I felt bad about myself at first - like any person would - the normal questions, like why wasn't I good enough. But I've had time to dwell on this. I'm an attractive woman with a heart of gold who loved him unconditionally. If he couldn't see that, then it's his problem.

Six weeks until I'm done this course, then however long it takes to find a job. I'll go on as if everything is fine until I have everything lined up. I'll deserve an Oscar when this is all said and done.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:54 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
I never told him I knew about the texts. I thought I'd save that tidbit in case he texted her again after the confrontation on June 5. When this course is done and I leave, I plan to tell him I knew everything all along. I allowed him a second chance and he blew it.
It almost sounds like an addiction. Not trying to make excuses but it is very odd.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:03 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times
^ i dont think its an addiction or an obsession; i just think he wants a side-piece.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:19 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
I get the ego-boost, especially if you're middle aged and some young thang is flirting back with you. But this has been going on for years.
Yeah, the mid life crisis hot young chippie thing is no excuse. And for years. That's crazy.

We're all pulling for you. Keep us posted!

Old 06-12-2017, 02:19 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:

Your husband is an idiot.

I dont know what you're waiting for? but if you have the strength to watch your husband slowly and painfully fall out of love with you, you go right ahead.

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 06-12-2017 at 02:31 PM..

Old 06-12-2017, 02:28 PM

926 posts, read 673,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Your husband is an idiot.

I dont know why you're waiting for? but if you have the strength to watch your husband slowly and painfully fall out of love with you, you go right ahead.
I think the OP stated that she's waiting to finish her course in school, is waiting until she finds another job and wants all her ducks lined up in a row before she leaves her selfish, disrespectful, cheating and pervy STBX-husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships