Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM

46 posts, read 41,527 times

Advertisements

Soo I just recently found out my girl of only about 2 months is going schoolies, for those of you who don't know what it is it's when you finish school in Australia people go to coasts etc for a week and get smashed af and party/ go crazy all week by the beach, basically a hook up Mod cut. as many of the guys try hit on as many girls as they can but anyways she's going with her mates who are single and she gets pretty ****edd when she's drunk and she's gonna drink heaps, she's Mod cut. while she's been drunk once and even though we've only been together for 2 months, it's been unbelievably well, we're both mad in love and this is her first relationship, my second and we've just got an inseparable relationship things have been going perfect, the dates chemistry mentally and body is great and it's basically as good as it gets see eachother really often go on heaps of dates etc but not clingy or anything so it feels great, but I feel she's really throwing everything away going to schoolies, I mean I'd trust her, but how can you trust anyone in those circumstances when they won't even know what they're doing? And her friends are quite Mod cut. so I don't know. It's too late as she's paid already last year as people plan a year in advance, I talked to her about it she said its stupid to end it over something like that, but I just can't help but feel something's bound to happen there especially from all the stories I've heard of breakups and cheating that goes on with even the most innocent girls, any advice? And then again, I don't know if I'd want a serious long term relationship with someone who'd be doing things like that, my minds pretty much ****ed because I love this chick and have been in a lott of smaller things with girls but she's really special, didn't expect she'd go to it but yeahh, no clue, we're both turning 18 btw

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-24-2017 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; circumventing language filter.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Sounds like what we call "spring break."

Well, Reus, it's a common problem. You could play it cool and just not make a big deal out of it. People don't need alcohol to make bad decisions, but alcohol doesn't usually make things better.

Hopefully she is smart about it.

Any chance you can go too?

Old 05-24-2017, 02:16 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
It seems you made a bad choice of girlfriends. If she cared about you at all, she wouldn't be going off on this drunken orgy. If she goes, I wouldn't touch her when she comes back, as you might catch something.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:20 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
You are only 2 months into the relationship. Have you both stated that you are exclusive? Apparently, she doesn't think so.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:29 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It seems you made a bad choice of girlfriends. If she cared about you at all, she wouldn't be going off on this drunken orgy. If she goes, I wouldn't touch her when she comes back, as you might catch something.

They've only been together 2 months. She's supposed to not go to something she's been looking forward to for a year?

Oh well. OP, if you're going to dump her, at least do it before she goes on her trip, so she can party down without worrying about you.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:32 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
They've only been together 2 months. She's supposed to not go to something she's been looking forward to for a year?

Oh well. OP, if you're going to dump her, at least do it before she goes on her trip, so she can party down without worrying about you.
So, that's a tough one, right? If she's been planning this for some time, then she is going to likely go, regardless of the status of the relationship. Somehow, I don't think she is going to worry about the OP, either way.

The question is if the OP can handle the idea that she is going to be on her less-than-best behavior at the beach and just consider it a one-off. That would depend on the nature of their relationship to this point, and he hasn't indicated what that is.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Sounds like what we call "spring break."

Well, Reus, it's a common problem. You could play it cool and just not make a big deal out of it. People don't need alcohol to make bad decisions, but alcohol doesn't usually make things better.

Hopefully she is smart about it.

Any chance you can go too?
Nah no chance man, too late now and not my thing, and it's an event pretty much known for making bad decisions and yeah the amount of it going to be consumed won't help

Old 05-24-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
So, that's a tough one, right? If she's been planning this for some time, then she is going to likely go, regardless of the status of the relationship. Somehow, I don't think she is going to worry about the OP, either way.

The question is if the OP can handle the idea that she is going to be on her less-than-best behavior at the beach and just consider it a one-off. That would depend on the nature of their relationship to this point, and he hasn't indicated what that is.
We're super close and she's loyal aff, hasn't really done anything to test it other than talk to an ex once to "**** him off" but for over that, but yeah I can't help but think she'd do something as a one off no matter how much she tells me she loves me everyday and how close we are, she's just really bad when drunk and she's gonna be smashed, I don't think I could handle it especially due to older trust issues with girls brah especially in that environment

Old 05-24-2017, 02:36 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,514 times
If you don't trust her to not be a Mod cut., cut her loose, you're only 18 man. There's a whole bunch more fish in the see, believe that.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-24-2017 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-24-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

Yeah I'm not sure, idk if I'd want to bring home someone who'd go to events like that, thought she was different seemed like the good girl type
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships