Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:36 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reus1213 View Post
Nah no chance man, too late now and not my thing, and it's an event pretty much known for making bad decisions and yeah the amount of it going to be consumed won't help
Then I suggest this approach:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
The question is if the OP can handle the idea that she is going to be on her less-than-best behavior at the beach and just consider it a one-off. That would depend on the nature of their relationship to this point, and he hasn't indicated what that is.
You're both really young.

She has already paid for the trip and is going. So you can either worry about it from afar, or you can just ... leave it.

If she can't say no to alcohol, then that is a problem she would have if you were standing right by her side. My biggest concern is that she would have unprotected sex with someone. I would not even care so much about a drunken hookup she will barely remember as I would the "souvenir" she might bring home with her.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:38 PM

46 posts, read 41,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
If you don't trust her to not be a [snip], cut her loose, you're only 18 man. There's a whole bunch more fish in the see, believe that.
I generally trust her but this is bit too much ya feel, when all her friends gonna be doing things and she's gonna be drunk af, I don't think I could trust even myself in that situation but yeah I get ya, brah as gay as it sounds she's special, haven't dated in a longg Mod cut. time but she really caught my eye, not just looks but great personality and she's deep in love with me

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-24-2017 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; circumventing language filter.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
G'day! Welcome to the forum mate and I'm delighted you've joined up more than most!...... Because I've always wondered why so many Brits try like mad to move down under and swear it's a great lifestyle..... Now i know why

That to me is like how we worship and go to Ibiza or the " sun, sea and sex " for the summer!... So naturally I can see your concern and lol I'm sure my SO would have a problem with me going as well

Seriously though it's only for week ( I believe? ) and to be fair if she wanted to indulge with other blokes she wouldn't have to go there to do so would she? So leave her to it mate and try to relax

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-24-2017 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Deleted the quoted post.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It seems you made a bad choice of girlfriends. If she cared about you at all, she wouldn't be going off on this drunken orgy. If she goes, I wouldn't touch her when she comes back, as you might catch something.
Get ya brother but it's too ate now, already paid so goin for sure and beats me why anyone would go to it, I know people in long relationships who still plan and go

Old 05-24-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
G'day! Welcome to the forum mate and I'm delighted you've joined up more than most!...... Because I've always wondered why so many Brits try like mad to move down under and swear it's a great lifestyle..... Now i know why

That to me is like how we worship and go to Ibiza or the " sun, sea and sex " for the summer!... So naturally I can see your concern and lol I'm sure my SO would have a problem with me going as well

Seriously though it's only for week ( I believe? ) and to be fair if she wanted to indulge with other blokes she wouldn't have to go there to do so would she? So leave her to it mate and try to relax
Yeah true but she does stupid things when drunk brah, like sexual, and I can't help but stress especially with the guys there and her friends and being smashed out of he mind, cheers for that brother

Old 05-24-2017, 02:42 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
You say in your first post that you've talked to her about it, but what does that mean? Did she say that her plan is to get blackout drunk and do whatever? Did you tell her that you want to trust her to not sleep around? Are you exclusive? If you haven't actually said that you think that there's something to your relationship and it would bother you if she slept with someone else, she might think you're casual. She can't read your mind.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-24-2017 at 02:51 PM..

Old 05-24-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You say in your first post that you've talked to her about it, but what does that mean? Did she say that her plan is to get blackout drunk and do whatever? Are you exclusive?
Yeah talked yesterday she said her plan was to have fun with her mates at the beach, get smashed and party all night

Old 05-24-2017, 02:45 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Yeah true but she does stupid things when drunk brah, like sexual, and I can't help but stress especially with the guys there and her friends and being smashed out of he mind, cheers for that brother
I hear ya but that can happen anywhere ( especially in oz where you love a night out on the sauce as much as us Brits! ) are you going to worry EVERY time she goes out?

Think of it that way mate

Old 05-24-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I hear ya but that can happen anywhere ( especially in oz where you love a night out on the sauce as much as us Brits! ) are you going to worry EVERY time she goes out?

Think of it that way mate
Yeah true brah, usually don't stress but dunno bout this one

Old 05-24-2017, 02:51 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm not sure, idk if I'd want to bring home someone who'd go to events like that, thought she was different seemed like the good girl type

Try to imagine if your girl came on her to discuss a problem she's having with her boyfriend...

"Hi, I'm an 18 yr. old girl in love with an 18 yr. old guy. I love him to death. We've only been dating 2 months, but we do everything together, and we're so on point in everything, but this ONE particular thing...

I'm going on Schoolies soon, and I've been looking forward to it for a year. My boyfriend says he loves me, but doesn't trust me to not get ****faced, and thinks I'll **** around on him. I love him. I don't want to hurt him, and he SAYS he loves me, but apparently thinks I'm a ****.

What should I do?"

You know what most of us would tell her? "Go do your thing, and have fun. If he doesn't trust you, it's his problem."

Or at any rate, that's what I would tell her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships