Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 08:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times

Advertisements

Not recently no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 09:07 PM

233 posts, read 191,308 times
Honestly, you'll never really know. The workplace really isn't conducive for romantic pursuits. Even if a guy is interested in you it will likely be tempered by the fact that he doesn't want to ***** where he eats....and rightfully so. Just move on and focus on meeting guys outside your office. Never ever mix business with pleasure.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:24 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,519,674 times
I met my late wife at work and we had a workplace only friendship for five years. Thankfully, she promoted to another agency so we no longer worked together directly. Had we I never would have asked her out nor would she have accepted my invitation to our first date if I had. Workplace romances can have really bad endings. Not a good idea at all.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 PM

612 posts, read 1,516,251 times
I agree that workplace romance can have a bad ending and might never work. I am trying to look for someone for last 5-6 years and that was the reason never tried looking for someone at workplace. I didn't start taking interest in him intentionally, just happened when we were talking to each other couple of months back.

However, he works along with another team too and I have a friend in that team. My friend told me that she heard him discussing about him finding a girlfriend recently few weeks back and they went on a vacation in May's memorial day weekend. That explains him starting distancing himself from me around that time and since then he has stopped making any eye contacts with me or talking in a way we used to. Even if he has to talk to me regarding work, he would look somewhere else while talking to me and will make bad faces showing he doesn't like talking to me/will chat on phone while talking about work. Am not sure that if he was already dating someone, then why was he also showing interest in me for weeks. Also how can someone change their mind without even talking about it. I have met some similar guys via online dating sites who would be dating multiple women, would be interested in me for few days/weeks and then they will disappear, but I never thought someone could play around like this at work where you see each other everyday.

Am sure there are great guys out there, but don't know why I never meet them. Hope I get over him soon somehow.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
I didn't start taking interest in him intentionally, just happened when we were talking to each other couple of months back.

Am sure there are great guys out there, but don't know why I never meet them. Hope I get over him soon somehow.
It happens, and it really is hard when you like someone to just let it go.

But ... stay optimistic!!

Old 06-15-2017, 12:20 PM

1,020 posts, read 810,770 times
IDK when the tide turned, but I've been married 30 years & I met my husband at work (we were peers) & most of the others at work, dated each other. Many of them married co-workers & it was very common. This was an IT dept. Obviously, it can be difficult if things don't work out, but I would never rule out a place that I spend a lot of time, with other single, employed people.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,318,233 times
I would never date a woman I worked with. We can be friends but anything else is off limits.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:35 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,465,700 times
My position doesn't really allow me to fraternize with people without setting a horrible example for everyone in the building.

Not just because I happen to be married, but becuase I am their employer.

My mind is so far away from personal feelings when at the workplace to even comprehend the idea of it being " a thing"

I cannot really help you indetand what's going on in this persons head OP, but if you are going attempt to move things forward do it out of the office.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
My position doesn't really allow me to fraternize with people without setting a horrible example for everyone in the building.

Not just because I happen to be married, but becuase I am their employer.

My mind is so far away from personal feelings when at the workplace to even comprehend the idea of it being " a thing"

I cannot really help you indetand what's going on in this persons head OP, but if you are going attempt to move things forward do it out of the office.
I don't think I would try moving things forward with him now until he really asks me out and wants to take it forward. He knew we had a connection and even he was involved in it too, then stopped suddenly when he found someone else out of work and started completely ignoring me. He has repeated this atleast twice with me until now. When he started distancing himself, I had even tried giving him hints that I like him which he noticed and then he stood up and walked away.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It happens, and it really is hard when you like someone to just let it go.

But ... stay optimistic!!
Thanks!

More than everything it's really hard for me to see him everyday. I have been through something similar before, but I met the guy through the matrimony site and he was in a different place, initially it was hard to let go with him, but since I didn't see him on daily basis it became easier. Hopefully, someday I will overcome this too as time passes by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships