Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:22 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,196,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So, she could have sex with another dude. You could have sex with another gal. So what? Sex doesn't degrade or devalue people.
It does if I'm trying to date this girl. You think I would be okay with the girl I'm dating having sex with other dudes?

Uh, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 12:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,654,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Look, I don't think it's rooted in any political terminology. It's just basic psychology for me. Nature, if you will.

If you give it up to me on the first date, how many other guys have you given it up to? Why is sex so important that you had to give it up on the first date?

There are many questions that come up when this happens.

I can honestly tell you, I hate to say it, but even if there is great chemistry, I've never called a girl back after having sex with her on the first date. Well once I did, but I was looking for something else unrelated to sex.

I mean, I don't really know why it's like that for me.
Why is sex so important to you that you give it up on the first date?

Do you like, have a sex drive? Cool. Guess what, women have sex drives too.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:29 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
It does if I'm trying to date this girl. You think I would be okay with the girl I'm dating having sex with other dudes?

Uh, no.

If you're in a monogamous relationship, no, that would be cheating.

If you're not monogamous, of course it is okay. I don't own anyone else's body.

But cheating is a whole other animal. It isn't the sex that is the issue persay, it is the cheating.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why is sex so important to you that you give it up on the first date?

Do you like, have a sex drive? Cool. Guess what, women have sex drives too.
I get it, but I just want to see some restraint. That's all. I value restrain and discipline.

I take in everything I can. There are a lot of thing that come into play. It is true that ultimately I'm making assumptions, but I just expect to work for it.

If you make me work for it, I'll develop feelings. If you don't, then those feelings won't have enough time to develop on their own.

You have to play mind games.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Also, why do you have to label me as a misogynist? I don't get it.

What kind of dude do you want? You want a real dude or a dude that lays down?

In my experience, girls want real dudes no matter what they may say on television or whatever. That's not real life.
I said your statement drips with misogyny.

I want the dude I already have. He has awesome attitudes towards sex. He doesn't judge me for my sexual past anymore than I judge him for his. He's real, and he's no doormat.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I said your statement drips with misogyny.

I want the dude I already have. He has awesome attitudes towards sex. He doesn't judge me for my sexual past anymore than I judge him for his. He's real, and he's no doormat.
I don't judge girl's for their sexual past. To be honest, I don't even care to talk about it. I'm just saying that if you have sex with me immediately, you didn't give me enough time to develop feelings.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I guess I'm just saying that if you have sex with me on the first date in a car with no AC by a public pond with flies and mosquitoes, I might think to myself, I'm not so sure this girl is relationship material.

That's just me.
Why does the same standard not apply to you? Is she raping you in that mosquito-ridden hot car?

Old 06-02-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I get it, but I just want to see some restraint. That's all. I value restrain and discipline.

I take in everything I can. There are a lot of thing that come into play. It is true that ultimately I'm making assumptions, but I just expect to work for it.

If you make me work for it, I'll develop feelings. If you don't, then those feelings won't have enough time to develop on their own.

You have to play mind games.
Do you value restraint and discipline in yourself as well, or only in others?

Old 06-02-2017, 12:35 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
I don't judge girl's for their sexual past. To be honest, I don't even care to talk about it. I'm just saying that if you have sex with me immediately, you didn't give me enough time to develop feelings.

Uh, you don't develop feelings for people you are having sex with sometimes? It only happens before???

Well, huh.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Why does the same standard not apply to you? Is she raping you in that mosquito-ridden hot car?
Yeah, it should apply to me. Of course. If I'm aggressive and try to have sex on the first date I think that should be put into the equation.

Maybe I'm not the guy for that particular girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships