Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:05 PM

9 posts, read 7,615 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, i really need help. I've been dating with my girlfriend for about a year now. We are both 25 yo. She's got some insecurity issues (like she has been betrayed in the past, lied, and ashamed for being ugly an stuff even though she is not). From the moment we started together, i've been telling her all the time that is special, rare and beautiful , and that all those people in the past were just mean and jealous. I have complete trust over her but she does not have even a little. She constantly nags me and tells me why i did this and why i did that. She thinks im cheating on her , and im not that kind of guy, i would never cheat on her. Even though i try to see her side and try doing things shes saying to me, always a thing will come up that she will not like, and she will criticize me. I'm telling her that this is making me nervous, but she says she is the one that is right and i should convince her more.She's in complete denial on my side. I'm feeling anxiety all the time, fear and lack of psychological calmness. I cant even focus on my studies. Sometimes when we are not together, i need to rest or relax, and i dont miss to be together, and she sees that and tells me why i dont miss her like i do? The only thing i can think is that i have a lot of pressure, and i lack rest, because im a quiet person. Another thing is that she is a virgin, and we haven't had sex yet. We are trying to, but we cant, shes feeling pain and shes anxious. So, i think this is another thing that affects us. Consider breaking up? -> I don't want to leave her, but sometimes i think its the right choice, but theres another thing. She tells me all the time that we break up shes will harm herself or commit suicide, and shes telling this at almost all the tough agreements. To sum up, i think this is getting worse as the time goes by, i feel like i'm in a circle or in a maze with no exit.

Thanks for reading..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 02:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver4 View Post
Hello everyone, i really need help. I've been dating with my girlfriend for about a year now. We are both 25 yo. She's got some insecurity issues (like she has been betrayed in the past, lied, and ashamed for being ugly an stuff even though she is not). From the moment we started together, i've been telling her all the time that is special, rare and beautiful , and that all those people in the past were just mean and jealous. I have complete trust over her but she does not have even a little. She constantly nags me and tells me why i did this and why i did that. She thinks im cheating on her , and im not that kind of guy, i would never cheat on her. Even though i try to see her side and try doing things shes saying to me, always a thing will come up that she will not like, and she will criticize me. I'm telling her that this is making me nervous, but she says she is the one that is right and i should convince her more.She's in complete denial on my side. I'm feeling anxiety all the time, fear and lack of psychological calmness. I cant even focus on my studies. Sometimes when we are not together, i need to rest or relax, and i dont miss to be together, and she sees that and tells me why i dont miss her like i do? The only thing i can think is that i have a lot of pressure, and i lack rest, because im a quiet person. Another thing is that she is a virgin, and we haven't had sex yet. We are trying to, but we cant, shes feeling pain and shes anxious. So, i think this is another thing that affects us. Consider breaking up? -> I don't want to leave her, but sometimes i think its the right choice, but theres another thing. She tells me all the time that we break up shes will harm herself or commit suicide, and shes telling this at almost all the tough agreements. To sum up, i think this is getting worse as the time goes by, i feel like i'm in a circle or in a maze with no exit.

Thanks for reading..
It IS getting worse.

It doesn't have to be like this. Tell her you are not happy in the relationship and it's time to end things.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It IS getting worse.

It doesn't have to be like this. Tell her you are not happy in the relationship and it's time to end things.
If i tell her im not happy. She will tell me that i'm only watching my self and not her happiness. She will cry and 'accuse' me that she will hurt herself.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
If i tell her im not happy. She will tell me that i'm only watching my self and not her happiness. She will cry and 'accuse' me that she will hurt herself.
She cannot hold you hostage. That's not love, and you can tell HER that.

The best thing to do is keep things calm and simple. Tell her that you are sorry to hear that she feels like she wants to hurt herself, but her choices are her own. Tell her that you care about her and can help her find resources for help, but that you are not going to change your mind.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:26 PM

473 posts, read 307,685 times
We could start a hostage-dating services with her - guaranteed dating for insecure people

Old 06-11-2017, 02:33 PM

728 posts, read 472,398 times
Have you given her a reason to be insecure? Be honest. Before things ended with mine, she said I was being negative, and didn't trust her. She gave me every reason not to trust her.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Have you given her a reason to be insecure? Be honest. Before things ended with mine, she said I was being negative, and didn't trust her. She gave me every reason not to trust her.
No she was insecure before i met her, from when she was a teenager. The only 'reason' i gave her was, telling her a few lies , lies not in the bad way to hide something not fair, but in the way not to hurt her because she is over-sensitive.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:02 PM

728 posts, read 472,398 times
Well if she knows they're lies, that's enough reason to add to any insecurity.

She lied to me about seeing another guy. What she didn't realize is lying about seeing the other guy is worse than doing it.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:04 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:

You have a responsibility to yourself first. No one can play a "trump card" and have you NOT break up with them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Well if she knows they're lies, that's enough reason to add to any insecurity.

She lied to me about seeing another guy. What she didn't realize is lying about seeing the other guy is worse than doing it.
A person with the kind of insecurity described by the OP would have it regardless of who is sitting across the dinner table from her.

The OP didn't "make" his girlfriend have this level of insecurity. His lies are an unhealthy coping mechanism he apparently developed in order to prevent her from flipping out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships