Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 09:21 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,377,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Can anyone think about how that date would have turned out if she felt obligated to go through with it and really was totally beat?
Empty bottle of Jack Daniels and 4 used condoms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 09:22 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
^This.

To all those saying I was rude: IF she had called with a sincere apology and suggested another date and time that would have been fine.

As it went down, she wasted another person's evening and could barely give a sh&t about it.

How do you know that.
She included a "sorry" and for all you know she actually might have meant it.
I doubt that she's sorry now.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:23 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

I'm impressed first, that protection was used after half a bottle of jack daniels.
Second, that they could get it up four times after half a bottle of jack daniels.

He must be Canadian.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,705 posts, read 18,065,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
You win!!!!! Glad there are older people than me here haha

People with good social skills say what they mean and mean what they say when it comes to others.

I don't like playing word games or guessing games with potential partners. Maybe you do. Maybe others do. Maybe I am in the minority to think that you should mean what you say but I would rather reject 100 flakes and wait for someone who has integrity and real social skills.
I think the issue here is that some people are sensitive enough to pick up on nuance, and others need things spelled out in black and white. And I don't mean that in an offensive way - but to read that you think "good social skills say what they mean and mean what they say" is different from what I believe.

People with good social skills put off vibes that are clear to read, with other people who have good social skills. She shouldn't have had to say "I want to cancel this date because I'm too tired", after she had already said "to be honest I'm too tired to drive". To people with good social skills, they read her statement and know that's a cancellation.

Good social skills let people down and allow them to save face. That's why you say "I'm not really looking for a relationship right now" instead of "I'm looking for a relationship but you're fat and ugly and not in my league". Allows everyone to save face.

Which, BTW, calling someone rude doesn't.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
lol well since none of that conversation was part of the thread we are talking about I can guess where you pulled that from haha

If you cant make a good argument you can always be counted on for off topic ones lol

Not off topic. You said telling the truth is never rude. The reality is, telling the truth can be very rude (like how the OP was here), depending on how you say it. How you say things matters. A lot. Almost always.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:29 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,292,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think she was interested - not jumping up and down interested - but interested enough to want to reschedule. It would be weird if she was REALLY REALLY interested after meeting him only one time when she was out with girlfriends, but she was interested enough to want to reschedule.

Who knows. I've dated a lot in the last 5 years and I have experiences all over the board. However, this one just reminds me of scenarios where the woman wasn't interested, while I was. There's no lie he should have been tactful and said cool bananas and went with the reschedule. What grinds his gears is that he offered different alternatives that she agreed to, but deep down she didn't have any interest. So it comes off as he should have read between the lines better and she should have stuck with I'm tired can we reschedule for Friday or Saturday. She didn't offer a date to reschedule, so he maybe felt not only am I accommodating to try and make this meeting work, I'm also having to think of the date to reschedule too? I think I'm the only person really interested in this getting off high center.

I've had dating happen all kinds of different ways, but the best dates were the ones that rescheduled, and all the planning wasn't on me. The ball in your court is an honorable tactic, but I have a ball in your court text out now that's been sitting for two weeks with no response. Yeah, we can accommodate all we want, but that still doesn't mean someone is going to "respect" us.

That's why catching someone's interest is so important. People will forgo sleep when they're interested. We hear it all the time. Putting the other person's needs ahead of their own, because the interest is there from the get go. There's nothing wrong with having a fun night together and that be it. Sometimes that person is not meant to be a reoccurring figure in your life.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I've had dating happen all kinds of different ways, but the best dates were the ones that rescheduled, and all the planning wasn't on me. The ball in your court is an honorable tactic, but I have a ball in your court text out now that's been sitting for two weeks with no response. Yeah, we can accommodate all we want, but that still doesn't mean someone is going to "respect" us.

This is why you put the ball in their court and then move on and don't pay it any more mind. If they're generally interested, they will reach out and reschedule. If they're not, no worries.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:32 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,883,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My first date with my now husband was on a Wednesday night. I worked late, and met him right after work. Follwing that date, we also went out on Thursday. And Friday.
I like first date/meeting nights on week nights too. Less crowded out in public, less stress for walking into a place to meet someone, easier parking. I work late too, which means I get up late, so I can go to bed late. In fact I get to stay up as late as I want.🙌
If she really wanted to meet him, nothing changed. Like he said, he was tired too, we all are at the end of the day. She knew what she was getting into when she agreed.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:35 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,883,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Was that you?

Old 06-30-2017, 10:31 AM

4,044 posts, read 2,719,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
She was tired and not feeling like meeting that night. Hardly a big deal. It happens. Once shouldn't be a dealbreaker. I don't want to be out with someone that doesn't feel like being there.

Once again, she avoided a mistake.

I agree with this.

Things come up and plans need to get changed sometimes. If I have a particularly trying day at work, the last thing I feel like doing is getting fixed up again to go out at 9:30 - 9:45 at night. I'm too tired!

OP, I think you should have been a bit more understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships